Introducing Betty White

BellaBlue82

Sadie rules, Julian drools, my boys rule heaven ❤
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can totally empathize with taking over the bed. Poor hubby has given into the cat claim, when he has to work early sleeps on the spare bed because he hates fighting for bed realty! Lol Even when there is one WHOLE side of the bed open my foot space is taken. No winning when it comes to where they want to sleep.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can totally empathize with taking over the bed. Poor hubby has given into the cat claim, when he has to work early sleeps on the spare bed because he hates fighting for bed realty! Lol Even when there is one WHOLE side of the bed open my foot space is taken. No winning when it comes to where they want to sleep.
*...which is as it should be. The beds are THEIRS. The home is THEIRS. They are magnanimous(3) enough to let us share if we are good enough servants.*

BellaBlue82

Alpha Cat
Purraise
*...which is as it should be. The beds are THEIRS. The home is THEIRS. They are magnanimous(3) enough to let us share if we are good enough servants.*
Lol exactly. Like my tag line says, I only get to live here because I take care of the cats. 🤣

Silly story, but when we bought new furniture in 2020, I had a $150 credit from using my department store card. So of course, I was excited to use it and get myself a nice ottoman. I usually sit on the side where the love seat is and always wanted to put my feet up on something.
The princess of the family watched me tear the plastic off, put the feet on, and immediately claimed it as her own. She always looks at me when I want to put my feet up, giving me the side stare... " Mommy... You get those two inches. That's it."

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol exactly. Like my tag line says, I only get to live here because I take care of the cats. 🤣

Silly story, but when we bought new furniture in 2020, I had a $150 credit from using my department store card. So of course, I was excited to use it and get myself a nice ottoman. I usually sit on the side where the love seat is and always wanted to put my feet up on something.
The princess of the family watched me tear the plastic off, put the feet on, and immediately claimed it as her own. She always looks at me when I want to put my feet up, giving me the side stare... " Mommy... You get those two inches. That's it."
Betty is far more generous. She'll allow me the full use of the ottoman as long as she can sit in my lap. Sometimes she doesn't even wait for me to get my legs up, she's already in my lap the moment I sat down. Then I have to juggle her while I put my legs up. She would make a very good super-villain cat as she just loves to sit in my lap and be stroked.

BellaBlue82

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Betty is far more generous. She'll allow me the full use of the ottoman as long as she can sit in my lap. Sometimes she doesn't even wait for me to get my legs up, she's already in my lap the moment I sat down. Then I have to juggle her while I put my legs up. She would make a very good super-villain cat as she just loves to sit in my lap and be stroked.
Lol for some reason, images of Inspector Gadget popped into my head thinking of villan-cats...

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey is kind of the same. He loves to be with me on the recliner. If the foot is not up, he will jump on the arm, waiting for me to put the feet up, so that he can cuddle against my lower legs. As soon as he sees me taking a certain blanket to cover up with, he runs over, and semi-patiently wait until I cover up, and get comfy... sometimes, he beats me to the chair, waiting on the arm.
Same thing with the bed. I have to push him over, in order to get in... The other day, he refused to leave my pillow!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She didn’t finish her overnight portion until 5am this morning. Breakfast alarm goes off at 5:15. 🤦🏼‍♂️This time I saw how much was left (half the portion) before she started as I got up to pee a couple hours earlier. Betty was just climbing over me after finishing when the alarm for breakfast goes off. “I know you just ate. But you still have meds to take.” Betty’s such a pro that she showed up for meds and took all four capsules (ondansetron, gabapentin, FMT pill, and s boulardii) without any issue. She likes taking her meds. 😲😻 Of course she sniffed and snubbed breakfast itself. I expected that. I put one larger chunk of chicken (a couple of grams) on the carpet. That much and we’ll call it good for now. She obliged. And then walked away. Final answer. 🖐😾 That’ll do, Donkey. That’ll do. 😘😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She didn’t finish her overnight portion until 5am this morning. Breakfast alarm goes off at 5:15. 🤦🏼‍♂️This time I saw how much was left (half the portion) before she started as I got up to pee a couple hours earlier. Betty was just climbing over me after finishing when the alarm for breakfast goes off. “I know you just ate. But you still have meds to take.” Betty’s such a pro that she showed up for meds and took all four capsules (ondansetron, gabapentin, FMT pill, and s boulardii) without any issue. She likes taking her meds. 😲😻 Of course she sniffed and snubbed breakfast itself. I expected that. I put one larger chunk of chicken (a couple of grams) on the carpet. That much and we’ll call it good for now. She obliged. And then walked away. Final answer. 🖐😾 That’ll do, Donkey. That’ll do. 😘😻
Betty's in a class by herself, definitely. "Likes taking her meds"??? NO ONE, EVER, likes taking their meds. Especially if they're of the feline persuasion :angrycat: So you have the World's Best Cat. No doubt about it.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty's in a class by herself, definitely. "Likes taking her meds"??? NO ONE, EVER, likes taking their meds. Especially if they're of the feline persuasion :angrycat: So you have the World's Best Cat. No doubt about it.
I think she’s bitten enough poop pills to know not to bite the capsules anymore. She simply scoops and swallows her capsules now. No more lick and flicks either. It’s really quite remarkable to see. I simply twist a capsule in A/D and drop it in front of her. Often times I have to nudge her nose out of the way so I have a place to drop it. We go through four capsules in the morning and three at night. She does this without fail and without any begging or arguments twice a day. Even on meals where she’s going to snub the food, she still shows up and takes her meds. So yeah. World's best cat here.

She had a fairly impressive first pass on breakfast while I was cooking my breakfast this morning. She can conceivably finish that remainder before lunch. But it would be okay if she didn’t. I estimate about 12 grams left.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she’s bitten enough poop pills to know not to bite the capsules anymore. She simply scoops and swallows her capsules now. No more lick and flicks either. It’s really quite remarkable to see. I simply twist a capsule in A/D and drop it in front of her. Often times I have to nudge her nose out of the way so I have a place to drop it. We go through four capsules in the morning and three at night. She does this without fail and without any begging or arguments twice a day. Even on meals where she’s going to snub the food, she still shows up and takes her meds. So yeah. World's best cat here.

She had a fairly impressive first pass on breakfast while I was cooking my breakfast this morning. She can conceivably finish that remainder before lunch. But it would be okay if she didn’t. I estimate about 12 grams left.
👑:lovecat4::agree::goldstar:Betty is so inspirational! When you think about/hear about/read about/see all of the stories people share about their battles to medicate their cats...and then, there's BETTY!:hearthrob::lovecat3::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
👑:lovecat4::agree::goldstar:Betty is so inspirational! When you think about/hear about/read about/see all of the stories people share about their battles to medicate their cats...and then, there's BETTY!:hearthrob::lovecat3::hearthrob:
That's why this video is on my "speed dial" to offer to those who are having more trouble medicating their cats. I think we'll be screwed if she ever gets sick of or can't have A/D anymore.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's why this video is on my "speed dial" to offer to those who are having more trouble medicating their cats. I think we'll be screwed if she ever gets sick of or can't have A/D anymore.

Go Ingrid! *Interesting cat(?) sounds there at the end*
This vid is excellent! Thanks for sharing it here and elsewhere.
NOW we know the "carpet secret"!
I'd just have one problem. I just can't do the pork thing. At all. So I'd have to use one of the Gerber Second Stages baby foods in lamb, chicken, turkey, beef...

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go Ingrid! *Interesting cat(?) sounds there at the end*
This vid is excellent! Thanks for sharing it here and elsewhere.
NOW we know the "carpet secret"!
I'd just have one problem. I just can't do the pork thing. At all. So I'd have to use one of the Gerber Second Stages baby foods in lamb, chicken, turkey, beef...
A/D is just the example here and one that works for Betty. Royal Canin has a Recovery food that is highly palatable and would probably work well here. I don’t see pork in that recipe. You just have to find Elvis’ can’t miss food and, the important part, it has to be reserved only for meds so that he can’t get sick of it and that he looks forward to it. If you only ever got chocolate mousse when you had to take meds, you too might be an enthusiastic meds taker. 😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty has a new dental appointment. The scheduling nurse called me earlier this week and said he was looking for a date. But he never got back to me. So I called just now and said, “I think the doc who cancelled on me said he might try to fit me in sooner. But I don’t want to wait for that call. Let’s get her on one of the docs schedule now. If something opens up, let me know.” We could have had an appointment for Jan 3. But she has never met that doctor and neither have I. And a dental is not the introduction I was looking for. So the next appointment is with the other doc (the one I actually prefer) for Jan 25. That will be the one year since I adopted her. Happy Gotcha Day! Let’s pull some teeth. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿

The city sent me a notice saying they want her updated rabies shot by that same date. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Nope! Not going to happen. We’re going to be late on that shot if I even let her have it this year. I need her to get to and through her dental. I have a month before the late fees start. Hopefully nothing will get in the way of this now her third (!!) appointment for a dental. I left a message with the vet asking about a health exception to the shot. But maybe just maybe she will finally have that dental and we can revisit other health concerns like perhaps continuing the pred taper or trying a diet change again. Or just anything other than the change-nothing holding pattern we’ve been in since October waiting for that dental we’ve known she needed since January.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty has a new dental appointment. The scheduling nurse called me earlier this week and said he was looking for a date. But he never got back to me. So I called just now and said, “I think the doc who cancelled on me said he might try to fit me in sooner. But I don’t want to wait for that call. Let’s get her on one of the docs schedule now. If something opens up, let me know.” We could have had an appointment for Jan 3. But she has never met that doctor and neither have I. And a dental is not the introduction I was looking for. So the next appointment is with the other doc (the one I actually prefer) for Jan 25. That will be the one year since I adopted her. Happy Gotcha Day! Let’s pull some teeth. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿

The city sent me a notice saying they want her updated rabies shot by that same date. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Nope! Not going to happen. We’re going to be late on that shot if I even let her have it this year. I need her to get to and through her dental. I have a month before the late fees start. Hopefully nothing will get in the way of this now her third (!!) appointment for a dental. I left a message with the vet asking about a health exception to the shot. But maybe just maybe she will finally have that dental and we can revisit other health concerns like perhaps continuing the pred taper or trying a diet change again. Or just anything other than the change-nothing holding pattern we’ve been in since October waiting for that dental we’ve known she needed since January.
SO she's not eligible for, or you don't want, the 3-year vax? Hoping you can get that appt.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SO she's not eligible for, or you don't want, the 3-year vax? Hoping you can get that appt.
I assume that since they want an updated rabies certificate this year that she didn't receive the three year shot last year. They don't tell me that she can't receive the three year. But starting the end of next month, she's driving on expired tags. I'm sure if and when we get her to and through her dental perhaps she can get the three year after all so we can tell the city to back the eff off for a few years. Also the city still has her registered under her shelter name. I don't know how to change her name with the city.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I assume that since they want an updated rabies certificate this year that she didn't receive the three year shot last year. They don't tell me that she can't receive the three year. But starting the end of next month, she's driving on expired tags. I'm sure if and when we get her to and through her dental perhaps she can get the three year after all so we can tell the city to back the eff off for a few years. Also the city still has her registered under her shelter name. I don't know how to change her name with the city.
:argh:Yeah. It's ridiculous. She's an indoor cat, very well cared for and never sees other animals except, presumably, at a distance in the vet clinics. One-size-fits-all bureaucracy at its most SNAFU/FUBAR.

BellaBlue82

Alpha Cat
Purraise
:argh:Yeah. It's ridiculous. She's an indoor cat, very well cared for and never sees other animals except, presumably, at a distance in the vet clinics. One-size-fits-all bureaucracy at its most SNAFU/FUBAR.
I'm kind of glad my city doesn't get all uppity about cat vaccine records. One cat can't get either due to an autoimmune disease, Nico I'm not pushing it with his growing medical issues, and the oldest guy is 18 and I'm seriously considering the pros versus cons at his age.
At least it's all on record with the vets office, and that's all that matters to me.