Introducing Betty White

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is the Advil which is causing the nausea.
Try taking Tylenol instead for the feveris feelings.
I do. It helps.
The Advil is keeping your fever down, but you are not feeling it. The infection is still in your system

The mucinex is keeping you up; and giving you the cotton head feeling. It is drying up your sinuses.

If you think you are not improving, call your PCP That is what they are there for.

I hope, when you went to the mailBox, you were masked! And gloves. You are not supposed to leave the houseuntil 3 days after normal temps along symptom free.

Betty is a good nurse.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh and the sucralfate is a pink pill. I quarter it and put the 1/4 pill inside the syringe and replace the plunger. I pull up about 3cc of warm water, cover the tip with my finger, and shake. The pill dissolves in a few seconds. It does not produce a thick slurry like some videos I have seen. It may very well have done the trick because there has been no further spit ups and it seems like she may be getting hungry again. Though it's hard to tell with her. Even when I think she's yelling at me in the kitchen because she's hungry, it turns out she just wants me to finish whatever it is I am doing and come back to bed for more cuddles. "Okay, you put food down? Great. I'll get to it later."
Thank you for this post and this whole thread, daftcat75 daftcat75 , it's incredibly useful for those of us who have cats with GI problems. Edwina just got sucralfate this morning so I'm very glad for your methodology on how you mixed up Betty's dose... we're still not sure what's going on with her but the vet hopes I can get this into her while we wait for her to get an ultrasound on Thursday morning.

I hope you're feeling better today, not too hot and not too cold!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do. It helps.
The Advil is keeping your fever down, but you are not feeling it. The infection is still in your system

The mucinex is keeping you up; and giving you the cotton head feeling. It is drying up your sinuses.

If you think you are not improving, call your PCP That is what they are there for.

I hope, when you went to the mailBox, you were masked! And gloves. You are not supposed to leave the houseuntil 3 days after normal temps along symptom free.

Betty is a good nurse.
I probably am overmedicating this.

But I feel much better/almost normal when I take Advil. I don’t have Tylenol and Popcorn only has Childrens T or the *Quils. The DayQuil was the gut puncher medicine. I didn’t bother with NyQuil as I have its components separately.

I’m going to let up on the meds and fall back to old sick protocol. Bundle up and sleep. If my immune system won’t generate a fever, Betty and I will cook this virus ourselves.

As a former smoker, I don’t think I want to let up on the Mucinex though. I’m deathly afraid of letting a cough develop.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I probably am overmedicating this.

But I feel much better/almost normal when I take Advil. I don’t have Tylenol and Popcorn only has Childrens T or the *Quils. The DayQuil was the gut puncher medicine. I didn’t bother with NyQuil as I have its components separately.

I’m going to let up on the meds and fall back to old sick protocol. Bundle up and sleep. If my immune system won’t generate a fever, Betty and I will cook this virus ourselves.

As a former smoker, I don’t think I want to let up on the Mucinex though. I’m deathly afraid of letting a cough develop.
*PRAYERS* from the heart for the crud to hurry up and get OUT!
And that sounds to me like a good plan. :hearthrob: :zzzcat: :hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do. It helps.

Betty is a good nurse.
Of course I went to the mailbox masked.

Betty is a good heating pad.

I was getting better. Until I wasn’t. Today feels like the first day of stagnation or backsliding. Everything I have read indicates even a mild infection can take up to two weeks to clear. I count the days to keep perspective and not immediately leap to long Covid conclusion. But it does scare the 💩 out of me to think that this last piece could stick around for weeks, months, or years.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course I went to the mailbox masked.

Betty is a good heating pad.

I was getting better. Until I wasn’t. Today feels like the first day of stagnation or backsliding. Everything I have read indicates even a mild infection can take up to two weeks to clear. I count the days to keep perspective and not immediately leap to long Covid conclusion. But it does scare the 💩 out of me to think that this last piece could stick around for weeks, months, or years.
Preaching to the (aspy) choir here, and you know I worry about stuff to the Nth degree, hence, no sleep. But it's easier to give advice than it is to take it, right? So I'll offer: Don't go looking for trouble. Much more likely you'll feel crappy until you wake up one morning, hopefully not long from now, and know you're on the road to recovery. *After all, Betty demands it!* :yess:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🤮😿🤕

I had been sitting on an upset stomach for hours. Then I managed to get a protein shake in me.

Betty is determined to cook this out of me. She’s practically sitting on my neck.

I had to get up to use the bathroom once again. And shoot! I know that sound. Betty just had another finger-sized hairball.

Well, if it’s good enough for Betty…

After I finished one end on the toilet, I turned around and gave back my protein shake. I feel a touch better. Except that I’m out of veggie dogs and feel too blech to do another Instacart right now.

I set an alarm to see if Betty is going to barf anymore or if it was a one and done like the other day. If she hasn’t spit any more by the alarm, I’ll put her lunch back out for her.

I just can’t deal with a sick Betty right now.

And she can’t deal with a sick me. 😿
F9D57A4B-29C2-410D-9249-3CD6198FD4A4.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🤮😿🤕

I had been sitting on an upset stomach for hours. Then I managed to get a protein shake in me.

Betty is determined to cook this out of me. She’s practically sitting on my neck.

I had to get up to use the bathroom once again. And shoot! I know that sound. Betty just had another finger-sized hairball.

Well, if it’s good enough for Betty…

After I finished one end on the toilet, I turned around and gave back my protein shake. I feel a touch better. Except that I’m out of veggie dogs and feel too blech to do another Instacart right now.

I set an alarm to see if Betty is going to barf anymore or if it was a one and done like the other day. If she hasn’t spit any more by the alarm, I’ll put her lunch back out for her.

I just can’t deal with a sick Betty right now.

And she can’t deal with a sick me. 😿
View attachment 426624
Hoping and praying BOTH of you get/feel better very soon! Enough is enough. OUT, crud!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know about me yet. But Betty seems to be feeling better. I didn’t wait the full hour because she looked ready. I gave her 2/3 her normal lunch.

Though now that she’s finished that portion and has finally let up on me, she looks a little like I did after I drank my protein shake. Hopefully her lunch won’t meet the same fate. 🤞

I need to rally for an Instacart.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for this post and this whole thread, daftcat75 daftcat75 , it's incredibly useful for those of us who have cats with GI problems. Edwina just got sucralfate this morning so I'm very glad for your methodology on how you mixed up Betty's dose... we're still not sure what's going on with her but the vet hopes I can get this into her while we wait for her to get an ultrasound on Thursday morning.

I hope you're feeling better today, not too hot and not too cold!
daftcat75 daftcat75
I almost forgot about this: I use a sinus wash, for really bad allergies, head colds, and sinus infections. It helps so much.
Reminds me, I need to replace what I have.. I get the MacNeil Sinus rinse. There is a YouTube video on how to use it.
I also buy a box of the dry saline (salt) additive to mix with the heated spring water. It is a Godsend.

I always get a sinus infection and bronchitis, every time I get sick. So, I have a pharmacy in the house.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
daftcat75 daftcat75
I almost forgot about this: I use a sinus wash, for really bad allergies, head colds, and sinus infections. It helps so much.
Reminds me, I need to replace what I have.. I get the MacNeil Sinus rinse. There is a YouTube video on how to use it.
I also buy a box of the dry saline (salt) additive to mix with the heated spring water. It is a Godsend.

I always get a sinus infection and bronchitis, every time I get sick. So, I have a pharmacy in the house.
My sinuses are clear as a bell. No sinus issues here since the first couple days.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This virus recovery is all backwards. Usually the fever breaks in a couple days and then it’s all the respiratory junk for a week or so. But I had almost none of the respiratory junk and no fever. None that the thermometers will read. Often bundling under every blanket for a day or two helps the fever make the body inhospitable to the virus. And when the fever breaks, I wake in a glorious pool of sweat and relief. But now I’m just sweating and getting no relief.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course, you don’t want every remedy under the sun thrown at you BUT, I WILL say both my sister and best friend had it. Both of them tried chang shan from Hawaii Pharm, and were each well in four days. One was fully boostered and one partially. Me I am so boostered I feel like a pincushion. My neighbor said: “I’m more vaccinated than my farm animals!” Betty will see you through this. She would want you to take care of you as well as her.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course, you don’t want every remedy under the sun thrown at you BUT, I WILL say both my sister and best friend had it. Both of them tried chang shan from Hawaii Pharm, and were each well in four days. One was fully boostered and one partially. Me I am so boostered I feel like a pincushion. My neighbor said: “I’m more vaccinated than my farm animals!” Betty will see you through this. She would want you to take care of you as well as her.
I’ll try it. Unfortunately the earliest delivery seems to be Friday or next week. I’m certainly not able to go out for it. 🤦🏼‍♂️😔🤕🤒

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t like that Betty had her second hairball in as many weeks after going almost a month without them. But I’m pleased that both seemed to be mild affairs. No pained yowling beforehand. No turning herself out several more times after. She ate a 2/3 lunch and has been sleeping it off on her corner cloud. She hasn’t been finishing her hairball treats lately. I think this bag doesn’t pass muster with her. So I ordered another bag. I can’t remember if the bag she liked came from Chewy or the pet store down the street. But only one of them I can order from within my sweaty blanket tomb.

I did manage to rally for an Instacart. It looks like I’m going to get the good pickles this time. Still out of the Amy’s Chili I wanted. Two more packages of veggie dogs. Everything bagels and cream cheese. Some Amy’s Lentil soup. Kraft singles. And TP. Yes! Not a bad haul.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t like that Betty had her second hairball in as many weeks after going almost a month without them. But I’m pleased that both seemed to be mild affairs. No pained yowling beforehand. No turning herself out several more times after. She ate a 2/3 lunch and has been sleeping it off on her corner cloud. She hasn’t been finishing her hairball treats lately. I think this bag doesn’t pass muster with her. So I ordered another bag. I can’t remember if the bag she liked came from Chewy or the pet store down the street. But only one of them I can order from within my sweaty blanket tomb.

I did manage to rally for an Instacart. It looks like I’m going to get the good pickles this time. Still out of the Amy’s Chili I wanted. Two more packages of veggie dogs. Everything bagels and cream cheese. Some Amy’s Lentil soup. Kraft singles. And TP. Yes! Not a bad haul.
Well, are you brushing her? I wouldn't think so, when you're that sick. So she's probably licking a lot of fur. I wouldn't worry too much. She's getting rid of it. And if she isn't eating her treats, all the more reason she might have them.
Good that she ate pretty well.
Great on the food and supplies! *Yum*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, are you brushing her? I wouldn't think so, when you're that sick. So she's probably licking a lot of fur. I wouldn't worry too much. She's getting rid of it. And if she isn't eating her treats, all the more reason she might have them.
Good that she ate pretty well.
Great on the food and supplies! *Yum*
I haven’t been brushing her as much. But I have been trying to get in at least one session a day just because she 😻😻😻 loves it so much. She likes to bunt and brush her face against her yacht and her boxes (empty boxes her food came delivered in.) And if you don’t know this about her, you might suspect that she runs away from brushing. Nope. It’s my job to follow her to her box or yacht so that she can enjoy both. Such a glutton!

But yeah. I put two and two together rather belatedly. The hairball treats seem to work when she takes them and not so much when she doesn’t. 🤦🏼‍♂️ The good news is that I found a price tag on the current bag. It’s from the local store. I’m hopeful the Chewy bag will be more to her pleasing.

I got a veggie dog in me with mustard and sauerkraut. My gut could use some fermented food probiotics. I have had two of the good Claussen spears already. It’s a shame they don’t provide more nutrition. That’s one of the few foods I’m not having trouble eating right now.

Betty finished the 2/3 lunch I set out for her and was still hungry. I still had the remaining third. I gave her the solid bits of it since the rest had gotten a little soggy sitting in enzymes all afternoon. So for a hairball day, she’s barely missing any calories. She’ll make calories tonight just fine. Assuming no more remainders.