Introducing a new cats in a new home

irishcg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two mau cats. One female age 5 and one male age 1.5. I have recently moved into a new home with my girlfriend and her 12 year old female cat. Since this is a new home for everyone, we have kept her cat seperate from my two cats. We have tried to slowly introduce them twice so far. To my surprise, my female cat has been very passive while my male has been more aggressive. The two females keep their distance, but the male seems to know no boundries or recognize the tension. He rushed her during the first meeting and luckily i was able to catch him before he got to her. Her cat is much bigger and angrier and I worry that a fight could be extremely bad. Does anyone have any advice on how I can make this transition easier?

merrytreecats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would say hold off on the full introductions unless you closely watch them. Looks like there will be no easy way to integrate these cats. Male cats can be very aggressive. And you cannot know for sure how they will be with a strange cat, until it happens.

Just take it day by day and don't let them near each other unsupervised until this rough period is past.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

irishcg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there something I can do temper his agression? He's normally a sweetheart.