Interesting Looking Cat

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's another idea. People do (legally or illegally) find orphaned (or not :/) baby animals, raise them, and then let them go when they get big, fairly often. I was just looking at the local laws, and in this state I can keep one "native furbearer" in captivity without any kind of license or regulation. Although it probably is illegal in California. But most people who do it don't get caught.
More than we think get caught I bet....just too much social media out there to show off or share pics. Some of the laws are impossible to figure out.

Example: Illinois says you CAN keep a fur bearer. Illinois DOES consider a bobcat to be a fur bearer. Illinois say you CANNOT keep a wild and dangerous animal. Illinois DOES consider a bobcat to be a wild and dangerous.
Which leaves a person wondering....WHAT??? :gaah:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got a video of Kitty! A bad video, but still a video. It doesn't show his appearance well but it's good for behavior. Kitty does not act like a wild animal. At all. Kitty acts like my cat. It was by the door of the house and when my dad opened the door to get a video for me he just walked a few feet away and sat down, totally not bothered by anything. And Kitty isn't very big.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He said the face is very small and skinny. He said it looks like my grandma's cat who we call a pinhead. Ridiculously tiny head. It almost came in the house.

Screenshot_20190131-082420_Technique.jpg

Last edited:

Caturday__

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What types of cats have that shortish tail?

There’s a stray cat that eats from our garbage that has that mid length tail and I’m unsure if it’s a domestic type cat or something more wild

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The only domestic cat breeds with short tails I know of are American Bobtail and Manx. Around here genetically tailless cats are pretty common, but they would be considered moggies. There are also quite a few cats running around with folded ears. Cats can also have short tails due to injury though. My aunt adopted a cat that had his tail amputated. He doesn't even have a stump left.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
What types of cats have that shortish tail?

There’s a stray cat that eats from our garbage that has that mid length tail and I’m unsure if it’s a domestic type cat or something more wild
Try to snap a picture of him next time you see him and start a thread here! I would be very excited to help to try to ID him, and I’m sure others would be too!