Inside Cat Potential Contact With Outside (feral?) Cat?

hisalweisu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I’m just here to ask about something regarding my cat.
So I have an outside cat I feed and he likes to be real friendly. He butts his head against my leg and likes when i pet him, such as the area around his head or near his tail.
Usually I wash my hands as soon as i get in the house but today I forgot and one of my inside cats got curious of the new smell. She sniffed the hand that touched the cat and got so close that her nose booped my fingertip. Before i could clean her nose, she licked it with her tongue and ran away.
Now I’m worried that she might have contracted something like a disease. It might be too early to tell but i was wondering is the risks were high? I just pet the cat but perhaps he has a virus or some sort of bacteria...and my kitty (about 4yo) bumped her nose on my hand and licked it before i could do anything. Please tell me the risks and what i should watch out for??

Oh, and the outside cat looked pretty healthy. I’ve seen him for a while now (a couple years). A few months ago he got a scar on the top of his head and his neck which healed up nicely but it could have been from another animal...and I might be getting scared again remembering that. My cats are up to date with the required shots (I think).

Thank you!

Count

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Theoretically it is possible for a virus etc to spread like that. But I wouldn't worry about it. The chances are slim, and even if it spreads, if your cat is healthy, he/she won't get a serious infection.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! I’m just here to ask about something regarding my cat.
So I have an outside cat I feed and he likes to be real friendly. He butts his head against my leg and likes when i pet him, such as the area around his head or near his tail.
Usually I wash my hands as soon as i get in the house but today I forgot and one of my inside cats got curious of the new smell. She sniffed the hand that touched the cat and got so close that her nose booped my fingertip. Before i could clean her nose, she licked it with her tongue and ran away.
Now I’m worried that she might have contracted something like a disease. It might be too early to tell but i was wondering is the risks were high? I just pet the cat but perhaps he has a virus or some sort of bacteria...and my kitty (about 4yo) bumped her nose on my hand and licked it before i could do anything. Please tell me the risks and what i should watch out for??

Oh, and the outside cat looked pretty healthy. I’ve seen him for a while now (a couple years). A few months ago he got a scar on the top of his head and his neck which healed up nicely but it could have been from another animal...and I might be getting scared again remembering that. My cats are up to date with the required shots (I think).

Thank you!
I don't think you have anything to worry about.