Inflammatory Bowel, Irritable Bowel

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snowyowl1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Kieka.You are all very helpful and encouraging!

snowyowl1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would certainly sit down and talk with him about a reduction in the final bill. Remind him that you questioned this more than once in the beginning, and were assured that it was not the issue. HOWEVER, do this very calmly and reasonably and with as much cordiality as you can manage. You want answers, you want to be recompensed for their failure to act in a timely manner, but you DO NOT want to make an enemy, or to be seen as "hysterical."

snowyowl1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Mamany. I will give this a try. When I talk to them, hopefully I'll learn why they came to the conclusions they did and I sure hope their explanations are within reason.
Thanks again Mamany.

jenny2035

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I see the last post on cats with IBS was almost 2 years ago. I would like to add my experiences. I have 7 cats and last year my husband brought home some Kirkland brand dry cat food (Kirkland is the Canadian Costco brand - I am not sure if it is the same in the U.S.). After a few weeks, the whole crew had diarrhea. One of them (Sampson) was so bad his back end from his rear down to his feet was covered in feces. Just before we went off to the vet, I googled Kirkland brand dry cat food and couldn't believe what I read - cats getting diarrhea, lymphoma, etc. I didn't go to the vet but immediately took them off that food and bought another bag of standard dry cat food. Eventually all the cats cleared up except Sampson. My cats get canned food in the morning and dried at noon and supper. I figured out that now all dried food hurts Sampson's digestive tract. He gets canned food morning and night now. We still have an occasional upset, maybe he managed to steal some dry food and if this happens, I can tell that he feels sick and also the smell of his movement is so bad, it could choke you. He also has an occasional accident - I don't think he can help it. It just leaves his body. Anyway, that was over a year ago and I am glad I was able to control it without a vet bill.