Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sad that he is Mukkia is not well. My thoughts are with you both
Thank you, I feel defeated. I am so surprised that the fluids are not perking him up. They always do. . . .
I am waiting for my mom to get here. My sister said that she would pay for Mukkia to be PTS today, but I am really trying to keep him OK enough until tomorrow.
There is always hope. That's what people have been saying, and they don't even know that someone else said the same thing. So, I think of that as confirmation. God knows I don't have the strength, but somehow I am doing this, and alone. I hurt for him, and I am hurting too. [emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128148[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128148[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128148[/emoji]

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
its 2.5mg for a cat-most tablets are sold as 10mg. usually we say 1/4 tab. I know you are scared. he looks like he is sitting meatloafed. I would try the Pepcid. At this point you have nothing to loose. I only wish we could have helped you but at least he has fluids and some food. Poor baby and so sorry for you. I am sure this isn't easy. So very sorry.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im just sitting here staring at your cat's beautiful face and my heart is breaking. I so wish we could make it all go away. I only hope the fluids and Pepcid help keep him comfortable for the rest of the day. doing 150ml fluids is what the vets normally give. too bad they didn't give you any Zofran. will  he lick at plain yogurt to wet his mouth?

Sending you so many hugs. I hate this. I hate it when we can't save them. So very hard.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
It's awful, because whatever this is....cancer, IBD, ulcers, food alergies, constipation, kidney or other organ issues, medication effects,...whatever is causing Mukkia to vomit, and not eat...and make him feel awful is something that has not shown up on x-rays, bloodwork, ultrasound, urine, etc.

It's strange, too, because Mukkia's fur looks good,...not the usual ruffled, or scraggly look of a very sick cat.

You've done everything that you can, to get Mukkia to get better.

If the white foam vomitus happened on an empty stomach, then continue to Assist Feed Mukkia the A/D, or any other food that can be blended or pureed.

The SQ fluids should make him feel a bit better, and the pain meds, too.

I don't know why the pupil would change colour, I have never seen that.

Whatever you decide for your Mukkia, know that you have done, and are still doing everything possible to help him, and make him feel better.

Mukkia already knows this.

Sending you tonnes of vibes, health wishes, and prayers for Strength.

diana

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I work weekends and not long home today.  Reading all the updates and so sorry I haven't been here.  I am glad that others have been able to be here for you @Mukkia, and had advice and support to offer from experience.  My heart too is breaking as I look at how the past 24 hours has been.  

If the will of those reading here could help you know Mukkia would be picking up, and however things go you know there are others here who care and want to be around for you.   Continue to watch over your dear friend as you have been:  listen to your heart and you will know what Mukkia wants you to do for him.  Cats have an amazing way of showing those who love them how they are feeling.    

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I am trying to spend as much time with him as possible. We have tried everything. I will update you everyone tomorrow. I have him right now, as well as for tonight. I just want to enjoy these precious moments of him in my lap. Occasionally, now on my chest. I recorded him sleeping, because he has always breathed at the same I do. One day I will wish I could see this again..

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's awful, because whatever this is....cancer, IBD, ulcers, food alergies, constipation, kidney or other organ issues, medication effects,...whatever is causing Mukkia to vomit, and not eat...and make him feel awful is something that has not shown up on x-rays, bloodwork, ultrasound, urine, etc.

It's strange, too, because Mukkia's fur looks good,...not the usual ruffled, or scraggly look of a very sick cat.

You've done everything that you can, to get Mukkia to get better.

If the white foam vomitus happened on an empty stomach, then continue to Assist Feed Mukkia the A/D, or any other food that can be blended or pureed.
The SQ fluids should make him feel a bit better, and the pain meds, too.
I don't know why the pupil would change colour, I have never seen that.

Whatever you decide for your Mukkia, know that you have done, and are still doing everything possible to help him, and make him feel better.
Mukkia already knows this.

Sending you tonnes of vibes, health wishes, and prayers for Strength. :vibes: :vibes: :heart3:     :touch:   :hugs:   :hugs:
diana
What you mention here, that's odd because this is what I have been seeing everywhere. Especially when I pet him. I was wondering about this too. I just want to enjoy now, and that's really all that I can do,, I guess.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
What you mention here, that's odd because this is what I have been seeing everywhere. Especially when I pet him. I was wondering about this too. I just want to enjoy now, and that's really all that I can do,, I guess.
I guess a photo cannot really give a true picture. His fur does not look spikey and ruffled. His fur looks well hydrated and soft.

Yes, the only thing you can do is be with Mukkia, enjoy the moments, ...tell him everything...on how he made your life fuller, how great a cat he is, how he's handsome.

Everything you've told him a thousand times before.

Mukkia will already know all this, but it's still good to tell him again.

Try to get some rest, too. He would want you to eat, rest, and take care of yourself, too.

I think our cats want the best for us, too. 

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just gave him his Buprenophine for the night.
I have him in his carrier. In about an hour I will force feed him the a/d again.

I seriously am living off of no sleep. I am OK with it given the reason why.
There is always hope. I just have guarded hope right now. Obviously, everyone here knows why, and I am sure you guys felt like me at some point too

I know that everyone here would cry with me, fight as hard with me, and love him just as I do. I have never met anyone who did not fall in love with this old man of mine.

No, I don't think I will, or do have the strength to let go, or know when. I have been distraught just thinking about so many different aspects of that outcome, and it cuts so deeply. My heart would shatter, ( if it is possible to shatter more than it is now. ) I know that it will though.

I cannot thank you all enough for your help and support.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I just gave him his Buprenophine for the night.
I have him in his carrier. In about an hour I will force feed him the a/d again.

I seriously am living off of no sleep. I am OK with it given the reason why.
There is always hope. I just have guarded hope right now. Obviously, everyone here knows why, and I am sure you guys felt like me at some point too

I know that everyone here would cry with me, fight as hard with me, and love him just as I do. I have never met anyone who did not fall in love with this old man of mine.

No, I don't think I will, or do have the strength to let go, or know when. I have been distraught just thinking about so many different aspects of that outcome, and it cuts so deeply. My heart would shatter, ( if it is possible to shatter more than it is now. ) I know that it will though.

I cannot thank you all enough for your help and support.
Try to sleep when he's sleeping, then.

I know about the hope, and the wishing for a turn-around, or some sort of miracle, but then you'll also see your cat, and the state he is in, and not want him to suffer anymore.

You will be strong. Because everything you are doing is for Mukkia.

Don't think about letting him go ahead of time. Just stay in the moment, and assess the situation.

Yes, your heart will shatter but it will also know that Mukkia is suffering, and your heart won't want to let that happen anymore.

See how Monday is, and decide then.

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Try to sleep when he's sleeping, then.

I know about the hope, and the wishing for a turn-around, or some sort of miracle, but then you'll also see your cat, and the state he is in, and not want him to suffer anymore.

You will be strong. Because everything you are doing is for Mukkia.
Don't think about letting him go ahead of time. Just stay in the moment, and assess the situation.
Yes, your heart will shatter but it will also know that Mukkia is suffering, and your heart won't want to let that happen anymore.

See how Monday is, and decide then. :alright:   :hugs:  
I know you are right. I am,and have been trying. I am not going to quit until he let's me know for sure that he wants me to.

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I called the veterinarian's office this morning. I let the tech know what has been going on with Mukkia. She was very sympathetic. She put notes in Mukkia's chart for me.
She also stopped the doctor, put me on hold, and informed her of what is going on. She said that there has to be something there that is not allowing the food to get past something in there for him to use the bathroom anymore.
I have an appointment for Mukkia today.
She said that we are going to discuss palliative care. Ig. What is reasonable, and realistic. We are also going to discuss the same as far as giving Mukkia the Buprenophine.
She said to ask a lot of questions.

I apologize if this post doesn't make sense, I am not so much concerned about grammar.

Does anyone know what i should ask that I am afraid I have not thought of asking? Please, and thank you to anyone, and everyone who can answer this last question.[emoji]128148[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji]

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that you have stated everything already. you can write down the things I mentioned earlier:

Fluids-how often

Meds- Cerenia/Zofran. or other anti throwup meds

Meds- anti acid- Pepcid- Prilosec type

Meds- pain control - bupre

anything else that will help keep him comfortable.

I have been thinking about you guys all night and this morning. Just know if you decide to bring him home that's ok. If you decide to not continue that's ok too. See what the vet says. most vets will be honest with you in regards to figuring out when its time. The last thing is remember he loves you and needs you to be his voice. If you feel he has had enough then that's ok too. It doesn't mean that you have given up, it means you know what needs to be done. You love him and he loves you. He will always love you. Sometimes we have to have a frank discussion to figure out if having them stay is for us more than him.

But also as someone else said-he looks good other than very skinny. Is he drinking on his own? His fur looks shiny still but for whatever reason something is going on with his digestive tract.

ask them to give him an injection of Zofran and Pepcid-that way you don't have to worry about him vomiting up his meds. That will last 24 hours. then you can see how he does tonight. If he still doesn't improve with this protocol then it may be time to send him on. I just hate to see you hurting and not knowing what to do...Thinking about you two.

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think that you have stated everything already. you can write down the things I mentioned earlier:

Fluids-how often
Meds- Cerenia/Zofran. or other anti throwup meds
Meds- anti acid- Pepcid- Prilosec type
Meds- pain control - bupre

anything else that will help keep him comfortable.

I have been thinking about you guys all night and this morning. Just know if you decide to bring him home that's ok. If you decide to not continue that's ok too. See what the vet says. most vets will be honest with you in regards to figuring out when its time. The last thing is remember he loves you and needs you to be his voice. If you feel he has had enough then that's ok too. It doesn't mean that you have given up, it means you know what needs to be done. You love him and he loves you. He will always love you. Sometimes we have to have a frank discussion to figure out if having them stay is for us more than him.

But also as someone else said-he looks good other than very skinny. Is he drinking on his own? His fur looks shiny still but for whatever reason something is going on with his digestive tract.

ask them to give him an injection of Zofran and Pepcid-that way you don't have to worry about him vomiting up his meds. That will last 24 hours. then you can see how he does tonight. If he still doesn't improve with this protocol then it may be time to send him on. I just hate to see you hurting and not knowing what to do...Thinking about you two.
Thank you so much for the information! I will see if they will let me try those on Mukkia again. I know that he has never been given Zofran before. Hopefully this will help, and work.

I honestly don't think I can let my Mukkia go. At least not yet. I have to know in my heart and mind that I have tried everything possible to get him back to health. Yes, we have tried many different things, but I am not able to say that I have tried everything.

I am reading through the records, and I think I found something important. Let me finish reading it then I will see what you think about it too. From what I can make out of the writing it looks like Mukkia had a bacterial infection in his small intestine. The doctor noted something about antibiotics, but they were never given to Mukkia. Only probiotics. OK, I just took pictures of the page, plus the front so you can see everything Mukkia has been given since March.

Last edited:

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry

Last edited:

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat