indoor cat wants the outside world

Papaganu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hello!
I posted here before about peach if you remember, you guys convinced me to spay here and I did I just lost the other account so here I am again same picky peach or poupou ...now I adopted her when she was 3 years old I have her now 8 months so she is almost 4 all her life was indoor until I move in to this new condo infront of parc the entrace is at ground level so cat have access to the outside after 2 doors. ( pictures below )

I used to put a collar around he neck and a leech I know you guys gonna say harness better she could choke but believe me It is nearly impossible to put her on harnes she will think its another entity attacking her she will start running around like a giant tiger the whole house shake and nobody can touch her. but only a collar seem to not bother her and she can enjoy the outside

but these days I let her go out without anything like in pictures most of times she wait for me dont go far but sometimes she goes under cars and that scares me she is not friendly so any passing child will scare her I SHOUD put her on leech I am not gonna let her go without it cause I am scared she could run from a child and hit a car so I dont know what to do leech and collar ?

believe me I try to play with her inside she doest like playing alote she like me to scratch her thats the only moment she purr thats it she see to enjoy the sun outside more than anything else HELP

indoor cat revealing outdoor behaviour!

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I was going to suggest a catio/cat enclosure if your condo association would permit it, but it doesn't seem like that is a viable option based on your description of the way to get outside - as you apparently don't have a place immediately outside your unit that is space for you to use personally. So, how about a cat window box that could be installed in any one of your windows? Most of them could be easily removed when you move - hopefully a point you could make with the condo association to allow you to have one for your cat. I've included an example below, just to give you an idea. It's not a lot of space, but it would at least allow her to enjoy the outdoor air and sights.
Cat Window Box.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Papaganu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I thought of a cat window and lots of shelves around my room I am planning on building lots of stuff starting tomorrow but still she enjoys grass maybe ill fake grow some grass on that cat window I build? For bow putting her on a leech seems fine but I dont want her to get lost in the outdoor world. But in the same time I wont mind her becoming an outdoor cat she is microshipped and have a collar with my number but she is too scared she spent almost 4 years indoors so anything will scare her but she is curious....thank you guys ill be reading your articles as soon as I get home and cat window is definitely a must cause I dont have balcony like you saw

corvidae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This might be a really good opportunity to focus on harness training her so you can take her outside safely at your new place! I know you say she doesn’t like being harnessed- have you tried slowly working up to that by getting her to associate the harness with positive things? Giving her treats while she sniffs the harness, or even letting her eat something really yummy when you put it on her that will keep her distracted and let you get the harness on. My cats like the outside too, but it’s just not safe for cats to go out unsurpervised. It’s very dangerous for them and for local wildlife.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Papaganu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeh its really challenging for her to accept harness she is already 4 years people didn't like her because she is wild and not easily entertained you could say she is a princess but she is a beauty when she gives you love...what about just a collar? How a collar could be dangerous? If I am always with her a harness I really need to put my whole attention and focus with her wish unfortunately I dont have. That is why I choose to adopt a cat not a dog..for now she is on a collar attached to my front house supervised always just chilling but sometimes she miao at me to lead her further ill try and buy other type of harness maybe she just doesn't like this one? I don't know man