In what ways do you spoil your cats?

sapphire75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mr. Buck, 

30 lbs, wow!! I was told Reese was obese at 10 lbs. lol

I use to leave food out 24/7 but, my vet told me not to anymore. Now he only gets 1/4 c. of dried food twice daily. Then (shh don't tell vet) twice a week he gets a half can of wet food as a treat. He LOVES his wet food.

mr buck

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Like I said he is a big cat anyway.  The wet food is better for cats than dry. I used to feed him that blue buffalo senior weight control and it only made him diabetic.  After some hefty vet bills and several vials of insulin I started feeding him wet and now he is off insulin all together.  I feed him in the morning, he wakes me to do that of course. i can of FF 3.3oz  Half a can at noon, and a whole can at night. That's about 7-8 oz a day.

He is the most loving cat I have ever had.  He comes to his name when outside and he has the run of the yard.  Loves to hang out on the deck surveying his kingdom! lol  I really couldn't ask for a better cat.

sapphire75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mr. Buck,

It's the can food on top of his allotted amount of regular food that I figure the vet will frown upon. She would probably be thrilled if I switched him over.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! Spoil my cats? Are you serious? Neverrrrrrr!

Kricket gets daily brushing to keep his long fur silky and mat free. 

Keeker gets his coat wiped down with bathing wipes (warmed in the microwave) every few days. They have a chamomile scent that calms him, so this is our 'bedtime ritual'.

They both get first choice when it comes to who gets the recliner and who gets the couch.

While Keeker isn't inclined to being held and pet, he will butt his way between me and Kricket when I am giving him a massage. He loves his neck and shoulders rubbed, and his back scratched. Kricket loves getting his paws massaged! 

They have a water fountain that they absolutely love! 
Before the fountain (and the reason for the purchase) they would drink from the toilet. I thought I could break them of that habit simply by making sure the lid was always down. Not! Oh no! At 3 o'clock in the morning I would hear the clacking and thumping coming from the bathroom only to find my two boys desperately trying to lift the lid. The looks and comments I got from them were pretty bold! "Uhmmmm, Mom? What WERE you thinking when you put the lid down"?  They still play in the toilet (yes, the lid remains up) and they will sit in anticipation just to watch the water swirl when I flush it. (I admit, sometimes if I go into the bathroom just to brush my hair or grab something I need, I will reach over and give the toilet a flush so they can play!)

Soy yogurt! They were always wanting my yogurt, but the dairy wasn't acceptable. Now, they get theirs (non-dairy) and I get mine.

Do you think two growing boys would love tuna? Heck no! Well, not unless it has a little mayo in it! Yes, they will only eat it if I 'fix it up for them'.

I sometimes miss out on my usual TV viewing because I happened across a 'nature program' while channel flipping. Kricket will run to the TV, sit front and center, watching and interacting with the various animals on the screen. It's usually more entertaining to watch him watching TV than it is to watch my programs! 

I was forced to buy an extra pillow. Kricket would curl up around my head and push with his feet until he had the entire pillow to himself. Now, I have mine and he has his. Keeker prefers to stretch out on top of the chest of drawers so he can watch down over us while we sleep.

Face washing is a tradition they both enjoy! During my morning ritual, I dampen separate paper towels with warm water and wipe their faces. It's our 'special grooming' time together.

Every couple weeks I bring home some turkey breast from the deli and cut up about a tablespoonful for each of them. They love the occasional treat. I also switch that up with canned chicken breast packed in water. They love drinking the flavored juice so they can get to the small chunks of chicken at the bottom of the dish.

There is really nothing I don't or wouldn't do with and for my boys. How do I know they are truly spoiled? My 22 year old daughter was over for a visit and I was hand-feeding them treats between alternating giving them massages and she just looked at me and said, "Damn, Mom! I should have been a cat"! 

Last edited:

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Robin gets a taste of everything I eat, if it's safe for him. Sometimes, he gets more than a taste, like yesterday when I made chicken. And it's ALWAYS before I eat, because he stretches out and meows and fluffs his whiskers out so adorably. [emoji]128573[/emoji] Funny I don't remember eating his food!! [emoji]128518[/emoji]

In the winter, he sleeps under the comforters. Right now, he's snuggled next to me, and I have to goooo pee so bad lol. I end up apologizing to him when I move when he's snuggling.

He has his own drawer in my dresser. The top one, so he can play and snooze up high. I put stuff in there he can roll around...over and over and over. Sometimes he stashes a dead bug in there. (Always fun!!)

He has more toys right now than some kids do, and he knows some by name. Last night, I couldn't find Squeaky Mousie. I kept asking him where it was. Looked everywhere! An hour later? Its sitting out. I really don't know where he stashed it. It's his house, I swear. And he knows it better than i do!

Last edited: