In what ways do you spoil your cats?

frankie the cat

Mama to 7 cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am very interested in hearing/reading stories on the different ways cats are spoiled ! 

I'll go first... Frankie my big baby loves to lay on me.  I spoil him often with a lot of rubs and let him stay on my lap even when my bladder tells me it is time for him to move !!!! He is just so adorable when he is all cuddly that I can't stand the thought of making him uncomfortable even though I am.....

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No matter what I'm in the middle of, if one of my babies wants to be loved on, I will stop what I'm doing and love and pet them.

If they don't want to jump on their feeding table, I will pick them up and place them on it.

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh man. Well, my cat has become the King in my household. I jokingly call him "My Liege" or "Your Grace" at times, and he really thinks he's the king the way he demands certain things or assumes his many preferred royal spots in the house.

One absurd way I spoil him is not disturbing him when he's sleeping. He sleeps with me every night, and for some reason he MUST burrow into my side or against my legs on the bed. There have been times when I've woken up in the middle of the night and realized I am sleeping at an absurd angle, or squeezed into a little corner of the bed, or without any blanket cover because The King is stretched out and has claimed 75% of the bed and/or blanket.

Likewise, bathroom breaks , trips to the kitchen, etc., are put on hold if I'm watching a movie and His Grace is sleeping on me on the couch.

Also, his meals must be rotated by flavor and prepared just so. He likes Sheba, and lately I've been using those "Perfect Portions" (which are awesome by the way, if your cat doesn't eat leftovers), and he likes it when I chop up the pate into small "crumbles" which are easier for him to eat.

And another thing I do is make snack time into a sort of Easter egg hunt for him. I take little pieces of Temptations snacks or Blue Buffalo moist snacks and hide them in various places in the living room, so he can "hunt" like a big boy.

Oh man what have I become? One cat and I'm already a Crazy Cat Dude lol.

mingking

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Oh man. Well, my cat has become the King in my household. I jokingly call him "My Liege" or "Your Grace" at times, and he really thinks he's the king the way he demands certain things or assumes his many preferred royal spots in the house.

One absurd way I spoil him is not disturbing him when he's sleeping. He sleeps with me every night, and for some reason he MUST burrow into my side or against my legs on the bed. There have been times when I've woken up in the middle of the night and realized I am sleeping at an absurd angle, or squeezed into a little corner of the bed, or without any blanket cover because The King is stretched out and has claimed 75% of the bed and/or blanket.

Likewise, bathroom breaks , trips to the kitchen, etc., are put on hold if I'm watching a movie and His Grace is sleeping on me on the couch.

Also, his meals must be rotated by flavor and prepared just so. He likes Sheba, and lately I've been using those "Perfect Portions" (which are awesome by the way, if your cat doesn't eat leftovers), and he likes it when I chop up the pate into small "crumbles" which are easier for him to eat.

And another thing I do is make snack time into a sort of Easter egg hunt for him. I take little pieces of Temptations snacks or Blue Buffalo moist snacks and hide them in various places in the living room, so he can "hunt" like a big boy.

Everything about this is so cute! Especially the nicknames. 

The way Ming is spoiled has been a gradual process with my mom/parents. Initially, there were a lot of rules: No cats on the table, No cats in the bed, No cats eating unless it's the kitchen, and especially NO CATS on Mom's bed!!!!! 

Yesterday, I walked upstairs to see my mom watching tv in her chair and Ming sitting on her bed. 

Ming basically has free reign of the house now - beds, counters, rooms and all. And about 10 boxes that are his since he loves to lay in them. Every time we go to Costco, we try to scout for the best new castle-box for our kitty. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm trying to encourage Paul to sleep on top of the bed with me instead of under it so I let him knead me in the stomach in the middle of the night when he finally jumps up. It seems he has to make biscuits on my stomach before he can settle down.

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Everything about this is so cute! Especially the nicknames. 

The way Ming is spoiled has been a gradual process with my mom/parents. Initially, there were a lot of rules: No cats on the table, No cats in the bed, No cats eating unless it's the kitchen, and especially NO CATS on Mom's bed!!!!! 

Yesterday, I walked upstairs to see my mom watching tv in her chair and Ming sitting on her bed. 

Ming basically has free reign of the house now - beds, counters, rooms and all. And about 10 boxes that are his since he loves to lay in them. Every time we go to Costco, we try to scout for the best new castle-box for our kitty. 
Hahah. He really does think he's The King. I've considered making a crown and a royal purple cloak for him and taking some pictures. Maybe photoshop a royal sceptre in. The possibilities are endless!

Ming looks like a handsome little dude! They really do wear you down when it comes to surfaces, don't they? If you're not 100% consistent it's a losing battle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

frankie the cat

Mama to 7 cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for responding and making me smile !!! Its good to know that I am not the only one who is a humble servant to their furbaby !!!! 

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
oh dear. lol.

1. I had my dad cut a hole in my bedroom wall that leads into the hall closet for their litter box

2. I had my dad build window stills for them to sit on (There was nothing there before!)

--- My dad happily did the favors for me, even though he's not a cat lover!

3. In the middle of the night, Cassie likes to go under the covers to my feet. She paws at me and I wake up to lift the covers so she can go under. Sometimes if I don't wake up for that, and she goes in between the sheets and the comforter, she gets mad and starts pawing at my feet through the sheets. Then I'd have to take her out, but her under the sheets and go back to bed. She's happy then, lol.

4. Also in the middle of the night.. Monet likes to spoon against me when I lay on my side. If my legs or arms are in his way, he'd paw at me until I make enough room for him.

5. Cassie likes to sleep in my laundry basket. I have to make sure there's clothes in there for her to sleep on, even after I've done my laundry, I leave a towel or shirts just for her so she won't go a day in an empty basket.

godiva kiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
1. I let her jump on the counter(sometimes I even put her there myself)

2. Give her treats(sometimes a lot)

3. Let her run the house

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One way I spoil them is to take their food to where they are instead of having one spot where they eat. When Cricket first came to live with us, she would go to where I was opening the food on the dining room table and eat there, whereas Swanie would stake out whatever place he wanted to eat that particular meal. Now, Cricket has learned that the food will come to her, so she usually just sits and waits (unless she's too impatient). 

If a cat is sleeping on my side of the bed, I'll go sleep in the guest bed so I don't disturb them. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
One way I spoil them is to take their food to where they are instead of having one spot where they eat. When Cricket first came to live with us, she would go to where I was opening the food on the dining room table and eat there, whereas Swanie would stake out whatever place he wanted to eat that particular meal. Now, Cricket has learned that the food will come to her, so she usually just sits and waits (unless she's too impatient). 

If a cat is sleeping on my side of the bed, I'll go sleep in the guest bed so I don't disturb them. 
That's some serious spoiling! I used to sleep in a twisted pretzel when my old Wesley and Milo took over the bed but I never caved completely and gave them the whole bed. [emoji]128512[/emoji]

picklespepper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's some serious spoiling! I used to sleep in a twisted pretzel when my old Wesley and Milo took over the bed but I never caved completely and gave them the whole bed. [emoji]128512[/emoji]
 I agree! That is serious spoiling!  LOL  I'm far too selfish to do that! 

But I do spoil my kitties.  Just this evening I sat in the middle of the kitchen floor for half an hour because they both decided to curl up into my lap and arms at the same time.  It was multi-kitteny goodness.  I did try taking them off at one point but they just crawled back in before I could even move.  So I just gave in.  ha ha

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

frankie the cat

Mama to 7 cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love it !!!! Thanks everyone who responded .  I am over here smiling ear to ear ! 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Mouse is the master of my home and I obey his every whim, as do all his other humans. 

Where he rests we do not move him, when he wants rubs he gets rubs, when he wants to play chase we run, and when he wants snacks we throw them for him to hunt, but if he prefers we will have him take them from our hand and lick stinky fish oil or sticky toothpaste from our fingers.  If he decides we need grooming we have him lick our face, hands or hair, and when he wants carried we hold him when he jumps in our arms.  When he tells us we are messy leaving our dirty cups and plates around we tidy them up, and when he wants a drink we turn the tap on for him.

I paid the mortgage, Mouse owns the apartment. 

catminionjess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The usual, lots of toys and beds everywhere, 2 towers, a perch and several scratching posts, treats, belly rubs for the 2 boys (the girl hates that). Two cats hate the 3rd cat they and hide on top of the kitchen cabinets where he can't climb up. So I put cat blankets up there so they can have a comfy place to lounge in peace away from him. 

evamilly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Ahh that's lovely- he is very cute though, and to be honest I do all the same things. My cat insists on laying on my lap or legs at night. I hate sleeping on my back and find it difficult to sleep in that position but lay awake rather than turn over and wake her up lol!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started doing that when Cindy had cancer. There was no chance I was not going to let her have whatever comfort she could find.  Before that, I would say Can we Share?? and she would move to accommodate.  I did the same thing with Darcy, when she got sick with FIP.  I am probably more comfortable in the guest bed anyway (more room), so it's not a hardship

laura h

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't spoil my cat.
........he's already king of the house and rules the roost so I just simply give into his demands. Yes, King Comet, here's a treat. Yes King Comet, your water dish is fresh. Yes King Comet, you may sit on my head so you can see outside.