In what ways do you spoil your cats?

godiva kiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Panini is quite similar to King Comet actually. She is Queen Panini who gets whatever she wants and pretty much does whatever she wants.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't want Boris in the kitchen.  He licks the butter. scatters the supplement and medicine bottles, and gets into the trash.  However, he is very good at flashing past me when I open the kitchen door.  He has exquisite timing!  He then struts to his favorite spot, rolls over on his back, presenting his belly, and chirps!  What am I to do?  I reward his behavior by rubbing his belly and telling him he is smarter than me!

I am pathetic...

I have had many times when I felt my bladder would burst, but I had a cat on my lap or chest and did not want to disturb him.  

godiva kiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The more you spoil your cat the more they think they can do whatever they want. For example, Panini jumps on the counter and stove, knocks over small objects and she gets away with it. But sometimes you don't have the heart to scold said cat and even if you do, they just continue to do what they want.

desktop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I first got Butch as a kitten he would lay on me and stick his head under my chin. His sister Coda has always been cold and standoffish and she still is, but Butch would always cuddle with me. After I got him fixed he stopped this behavior and became more like his sister. Now I have to pick him up and put him on my lap, but he gets down right away. He cries a lot, which is why I call him Sir Talks-a-Lot. He's always murmuring or "talking" to me and he follows me everywhere. But it's odd how he doesn't cuddle anymore.

godiva kiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's been said that when a cat gets fixed their behavior changes and they don't do the things they used to do. In Butch's case the fact that he is now more like Coda means that he could be feeling upset about getting fixed.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess I was lucky with Sammy. He is just as loving now as he was before he was neutered. He would rather love on you and be petted than eat.

desktop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Be nice to have some lovable cats, instead of the cold hairballs I have.

Last edited:

sapphire75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, let's see. Reese loves to play in the water. I have a spray bottle that he paws at me at a certain way to let me know he wants to be sprayed down so he can take a bath. He also likes to drink out of the spray bottle (I so wish I never taught him that!) and he will sit in my face and stare at me until I give him his drink. Not to mention he gets a drink out of the bathroom sink almost every time I go in there. He is seldom told no when he wants to be held, I stop what I'm doing for cuddles. His favorite place to sleep is in my recliner in between my legs. He LOVES purses and bags and anyone that comes to my house knows to expect Reese to empty the purse out and him climb in. It just goes without say, he has done that from the first day I got him. Funny thing is he never messes with MY purse...lol In addition to his daily food, he gets a half of a can of food twice a week for a treat. And he very much knows the phrase "You ready to eat?"!!

And as if all of that's not enough, I bought the little turkey a fish tank so, he can watch the fish. I hope to get it set up within the next few weeks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

frankie the cat

Mama to 7 cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
 I always wanted a to get Frankie and Xena a fish tank.  What kind of fish are you looking to get ?

sapphire75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Frankie, it's just a one gallon tank. My plan is to get a few guppies. If that doesn't work out then maybe a couple of goldfish if they have any small enough. And if all else fails then my last resort is the beta fish.

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my... do I see so much of myself in ALL of these post.

Before Alex passed, we too got the point we would do anything to keep her comfortable. including twisting ourselves into ridiculous shapes trying to get untangled and out of bed without making the slightest motion to disturb our sleeping higness.

Never realized getting an animal to eat could be so challenging.  I have always found it so much easier to tell my kids, this is supper, take it or leave it, and yet with our fur-babies I spend tons of money, have tried every variety PetCo and Pet Smart have to offer of canned foods, and a little under half the dried food (in at least one flavor) and still find myself begging, please, baby, just one bite for mommy...

My living room has more cat tunnels, boxes, crates, and toys than I ever allowed my kids to keep out there, but then to be fair, the cats don't like to be in their room, and if I sent them to their room, I wouldn't get to pet them and love them and hug them and squeeze them.

Our cats get regular veterinary care, while we do not go to the doctor for ourselves because we "cant afford it".

mr buck

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Buck and I have a special relationship, when he wants to eat I try to resist him but he is relentless so I go visit friends but upon returning it is on again. I just took him off dry Blue Buffalo as it made him diabetic.  He's back to normal but still abt 30#'s.  I know, it's my fault right but hey he is a huge cat. 28" long, head to butt, 14" tall and did I say he was hungry all the time.  He has been the same since he was a small kitten(now 10). Simply put: I give him the best I can afford and he returns so much love I would be very lost without my buddy!

nbrazil

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Toys and cat trees everywhere. My Ragdoll is very simple and not subject to spoiling - he just wants to lay down 3 feet away from me. At rare times he will indicate for me to come rub his tummy.

Now Jessie the orange girl LOVES swiss cheese. I know about cats and lactose intolerance, so I only feed it as a treat - but she goes crazy for it. She knows the word cheese.

Artemis has no interest in any human food - but they both like freeze dried shrimp snacks. 

So spoiled by treats at times.