In Search Of A Giant Litter Tray

Iceantia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all.
I am based in the UK and I am in search of a giant litter tray without a cover.
I have recently rescued a blind cat and he is struggling with the tray we have around 50 x 30cm. I have read about ones around 90cm long. Where can I get these?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You don't have to use a "litterbox". Any plastic container that meets your size requirements will be fine. You may be able to find an underbed storage container that's the size you want. You can also modify plastic containers any way you want, to fit your needs. A hot knife is very useful :D.

90 cm is about 36 inches, and I don't think I've ever seen a "litterbox" that size (yes, the Petmate one is that size total, but the actual part that holds the litter is smaller). But I think you could find a shallow storage box that size easily.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used an under the bed storage bin. It looks better than the actual litter boxes and was much cheaper. Its also quite sturdy, unlike some of the litter boxes.
20180303_102549.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Iceantia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks all. I think we may look at the plastic box route for him as they seem much are bigger :)

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm in the UK too. I've not seen purpose-made litter trays much bigger than 60cm long. The biggest I've found are the Savic Nestor xxl, the Savic Aseo Jumbo, the Corner Litter Tray xxl, and the Petphabet Cat Litter Box Jumbo Hooded Cat Litter Tray Extral Large Litter Box Multi-Color XXL Pet Litter Tray
I know some of these have covers, but you don't have to use them ;) I have covered boxes, but remove the doors to give free access in and out.

If you really want a 90cm long box, these storage boxes might work nice nice Boxes With Lids, Clear/Silver, 35 Litre

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use plastic mixing tub from hardware store (for cement, concrete, drywall, etc). The Medium size (10 gallon) is best. Even with a 40lb cat, the large is just toooo large.
Ebay or Amazon if you want to order one.
Extremely heavy duty with rounded top edges and rounded corners, smooth transitions that make it very easy to scoop. Just the right height for a litter box also.
AND....since I bought it at a Home Depot? It was $6.00

Medium Mixing Tub-887101A - The Home Depot