In need of toy suggestions!

catqs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I've posted about my bengal mix before and her unstoppable energy. Things have been going really well over the past few months and we've reached a pretty good balance with her, though she definitely always keeps us on our toes.

I was hoping to get some input about what toys might be good for her. She loves to play with those catnip mice, fish, chase balls, but every toy we have has to be put away as soon as she's done with it because she loves to tear them apart. I got her a new cat bed and the first thing she did was excitedly try rip it to shreds. I'd love for her to have a toy that's safe to chew on, tear, etc. We've unfortunately had to take her to the vet once because ripped up a toy and then swallowed part of it. (Thankfully everything went well and it was an easy fix, but as you can imagine I want to avoid another episode like that).
I'm wondering, maybe any food-based toys? Cardboard-based? Does anyone else have a cat like this that just has to shred any toy in sight? :gaah:

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could let her shred crinkled balls of paper, that should be safe. If kind of annoying. Crinkled balls of paper are great for trying to teach your catch to fetch. I've gotten very close! Ping pong balls and superballs should be fun and shred-proof. Laser pointer likewise.

Maybe someone can recommend a very sturdy kicker. The only one I got didn't last long at all.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i use chuck it balls its a dog toy has lasted the longest with graycie so far along with a rabbit chew toy for dogs she loves to chase it and attack it like prey biting it on the back of the neck and using her back legs on it to shred it

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I've never had this problem, but I have seen dog toys recommended before as tending to be more sturdy.

Muggs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you tried wand toys like Da Bird? My friend has a bengal and this really helps her burn off energy.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh i forgot to mention meowijuana(catnip brand) has a stick toy thats lasted a few months for graycie its a big bumble bee pretty tough the string is thick to :lol: still not a toy i would leave out un attended with her to much risk of her hanging herself with the string

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try sprinkling or rubbing catnip on it. Or a little bit of crushed up treat. Some cats ignore new toys for awhile before they decide it's the greatest thing ever.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The ping pong balls are a real good idea, and you can just throw one in the shower or bathtub. You can play with the cats or they can play whenever they want. Buy lots, though. They end up lost under furniture elsewhere, as the cats often get them out of the bathroom.