In Desperate Need Of Creative "break-through" Pilling Method!

myrnafaye

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
poke the pill into a small blob of cream cheese? you can also grind up the pill and mix in the cream cheese.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KatKnapper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
poke the pill into a small blob of cream cheese? you can also grind up the pill and mix in the cream cheese.
I will try anything at this point. I love the flavored cream cheese on my favorite bagels. He likes to sniff every food I eat, just for giggles. He wasn't interested in a piece of American "processed" sandwich cheese, though he did take his time in sniffing it. I enjoy letting him sniff my foods and such, because I love seeing him turn his face and move his head back as if to say, "Ohhh please, get that outta my face!! I SAID PLEASE! MOVE IT AWAY NOW!!!!" He remembers the sample sniffed material short term, so hiding it for a moment, then trying to get him to sniff it again never works.

Just for the benefit of a doubt, I will get some non-flavored cream cheese both brick and spread this Sunday, Mother's Day. Watching him tear through his kibble, I am starting to think more and more, that this is my best option. I just need to put my theory into action and give it my best, which is to resize into a itty-bitty capsule and enclose it inside a soft kibble kernal (worked once with Purina One's soft pieces - Duh! Did I just answer my own thread question???) or get kibble crumbs to adhere to a tiny capsule. Thanks myrnafaye myrnafaye

Suzy78

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not sure how big the pills are, but I found Lean Treats are soft enough in which I can smush the pills in the treat and kind of roll it up so kitty doesn't smell it. I've even used two treats to ensure coverage in covering up the pills or do a 1:1 (pill to treat) ratio. Both of my cats have gobbled up the Lean Treat and never spit out the pills. My vet sells the Lean Treats for cats, but I've also seen them on Amazon and Chewy. It's a pink bag.

My current cat has had trouble eating. One day she wouldn't even take the treat. So, we ground up her pills and mixed it in with a little bit of canned food. When that didn't work, I was able to entice her to eat by crumbling Nature's Variety Instinct Raw Boost Mixers (Chicken, freeze dried) topper. She gobbled the food + crushed pills right away. Since her tummy is doing better, she's back to gobbling the Lean Treats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KatKnapper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
50 mg and it appears to be a little over 1/4" long. I aim to split them up into smaller capsules, so they're easy to hide and ingest. I will add your suggestion to my growing Chewy shopping cart. I so have to get this pilling underway. Now my vet's tech is "looking over my shoulder" with a stern face as to why he is not taking his prescribed meds. :dunno:. I think my thoughts could not have been clearer. He is a cat. I am a minion. Cats RULE! "I'm the boss of you human. I take pill when I say I will take pill. Today I say no pill. Before you ask about tomorrow?
NO! Not tomorrow. Not Ever!" I'm the Boss of you!!!" "Wait wait...is that my opioid pain killer?" :please: