I’m Worried About My Boy

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello i’m back agian
Today, my cat and I are going to the vet.
To make some teeth removed I didn't know yet.
All teeth or some teeth will be removed.
And I'm so worried about his condition.
I've been reading this forum about a cat who died of remove teeth
I'm also worried he won't eat or drink.
And worried about the side effects of the drug and anesthesia
And worried about doing everything I'm afraid of losing my cat.
Today is the date and he never gave me medication.
I want a previous experience because I'm worried.

ptstrife

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Tim is 14. He just had his teeth cleaned and several teeth removed. He is fine. They told me he should only eat soft food for 2 weeks but he got out of his carrier and started eating dry food. Did your vet do bloodwork? Tim's surgery was delayed because the bloodwork showed he had a low platelet count. I would not want my cats put under anesthesia without a check of his/her blood. What medication did you expect the vet to give you? I wasn't given any before Tim's surgery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat Tim is 14. He just had his teeth cleaned and several teeth removed. He is fine. They told me he should only eat soft food for 2 weeks but he got out of his carrier and started eating dry food. Did your vet do bloodwork? Tim's surgery was delayed because the bloodwork showed he had a low platelet count. I would not want my cats put under anesthesia without a check of his/her blood. What medication did you expect the vet to give you? I wasn't given any before Tim's surgery.
No he didnt said anything about blood work but he put in anesthesia when he was 8 mouth for neutering and he was super great but now i’m little worried he said you need to bring your cat and leave it with me and take it tomorow and he said we wouldn't do it if he is not ok should i mention the blood work ?
I’m really afraid i was reading some people said the personality change like there were kitten i was happy because my cat dont play and doesn't look like him but after i read about that cat who died from this i’m super worried and afraid :(

ptstrife

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would ask him if they are going to do pre-surgical blood work. Just because it shows if anything is wrong. Leaving the cat for the day is standard. I didn't have to leave Tim overnight but his surgery was pretty early in the day. They want the cat to be awake from the anesthesia before they go home. Curious, is there someone at the vet's all night?

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would ask him if they are going to do pre-surgical blood work. Just because it shows if anything is wrong. Leaving the cat for the day is standard. I didn't have to leave Tim overnight but his surgery was pretty early in the day. They want the cat to be awake from the anesthesia before they go home. Curious, is there someone at the vet's all night?
Yes there is many doctor rotate the clinic he said he need to be fasting with me so i trust him but cant control myself when i’m worried

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
By the way he is 3 years old

ptstrife

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I understand being anxious. I asked about staffing overnight because not all vet hospitals have someone there at night.

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just came from the vet and leave my cat there he said he cant know if something is goes wrong until he sleep
I’m so afraid right now !!

FordChick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just came from the vet and leave my cat there he said he cant know if something is goes wrong until he sleep
I’m so afraid right now !!
My cat is 13, i had them do a heart sonogram to make sure she can handle anasthesia

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat is 13, i had them do a heart sonogram to make sure she can handle anasthesia
Mine is 3 he said you cant know for sure
If anything happen i just leave the clinc
I’m praying he will be ok