I'm so sad :-(

lndscpsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I may have to find my kitten, Pandora, a new home. I have a number of pet birds and Pandora is obsessive about hunting them all down. She's already killed one. Pandora is a manx mix and her hunting instinct is STRONG! She's harrassing my son's parakeet constantly and now my hubby, who doesn't like Pandora to begin with, caught her on top of the canary's cage last night! Now that cage is 4 1/2 ft. off the floor and then the cage itself is 3 ft. high! I've been squirting her all morning to keep her off the cage, but she continues to fight to get up there. I don't know what to do. I can't keep all the doors in the house closed no matter how hard I try. Pandora is such a sweet snuggly kitty who loves to sleep on my pillow at night. I don't know what to do. Anyone have any suggestions? My other kitty is a persian, so he's real mellow and doesn't show much interest in the birds at all. Hubby likes that. I'm bummed.

ravin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't be of much help here I have no birds, but I do have 3 persians. Panter is a very layed back cat, but when a bird got in the front door one day I have never seem him move so fast. He had the bird down on the floor before I even realized it was in the house. But I have a friend who has cats and birds and I have seen her let the birds out and the cats do not bother them. All her cats were raised with the birds. I will ask her if she can give you any tips or ideas.

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could try asking BigKittenDaddy - he has cats and a bird living together and I'm sure he wouldn't mind you asking for any tips

blue_monday_88

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Try to engage your kitty to break these bad habits...for example, try to institute a play time for your cat to relieve stress. Is there also another separate room you could put him in for the time being? Try to keep him away from the birds for now...he can learn to coexist with them. If you help guide him
Good luck