"Ignore Bad Behaviour" strategy not working

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another idea for grazer vs gobler problem is to get a sensor automated bowls, there are few on the market. I'm not sure if I can recommend the ones I have (certainly not for every cat), but they do awesome job keeping the food freshly sealed. And the sensor can be manually turned off so that the gobbler won't get to the food, I just need to be ready to open it when my grazer is ready to eat. Ideally microchip operated bowl would be the best, but they're too expensive imo. For the below I paid $30 and I don't think I'd pay more for this model.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a 5 month old, who doesn't beg for food, but who consistently wants vigorous petting at 4am. He walks on my chest till I do it!! haha. It's adorable, but also I'm tired!!!!
My boy did that to, he stopped when he was around 1yo. He still comes over around that time but now he only snuggles next to me under the covers, sometimes purring and kneading, but mostly he'd just sleep glued to me. So hopefully your boy will stop being so demanding when he's adult, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LOEY

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's so beautiful!!! I don't have any better advice. . .I too think maybe she is genuinely hungry being a growing kitten and all. And those kittens are rascals!

I have a 5 month old, who doesn't beg for food, but who consistently wants vigorous petting at 4am. He walks on my chest till I do it!! haha. It's adorable, but also I'm tired!!!!
Kittens! Lovable, adorable little monsters! I love them at this age, but god, I can't wait for her to grow up a bit. 🤣

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LOEY

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Another idea for grazer vs gobler problem is to get a sensor automated bowls, there are few on the market. I'm not sure if I can recommend the ones I have (certainly not for every cat), but they do awesome job keeping the food freshly sealed. And the sensor can be manually turned off so that the gobbler won't get to the food, I just need to be ready to open it when my grazer is ready to eat. Ideally microchip operated bowl would be the best, but they're too expensive imo. For the below I paid $30 and I don't think I'd pay more for this model.

I agree about the microchip feeder bowls - they're ludicrously expensive for what they are. It's cheaper to buy a big plastic box and a microchip reading catflap and attach the two! Ridiculous.