Ideas? Insulation beds for outdoor cats

Carolina SA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have one outdoor cat (she won't come inside and she does not like other cats) but we adore her since she birthed 2 of my cats in our garage (what a surprise!).
I am having trouble ordering a thermal/heat reflective mat or bed and the bitter winter wind is upon us! She sometimes goes into the garage where we can set up an electric blanket... but she usually prefers the front verandah at the front door (and ignore the huge dog house we bought for her....sigh...). So she is not a "cave" kittykat.

So I was wondering if others here have their own tips / ideas???

P.S. her two offspring in my home in the second photo are simply....because...cute ;)

mama cat pink wheelbarrow.jpg

Attachments

cats&plants

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our garage cat had a straw lined bed. It dries better than blankets especially if there's rain or snow tracked in. Fleece is warm, but it holds the moisture and makes it cold for them. We also ended up putting a heat lamp above her sleeping area to keep her warm. Our winters can get to -40°C at times so she needed all the insulation she could get. She lived to be 21 and was a spoiled and well loved princess ❤

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Carolina SA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the tip about straw vs fleece... I am not used to damp winters that go below zero with such icy winds.
:)I love the heat lamp idea I have an unused old one for baby chicks that I have just dug out for my Dad to give an overhaul ;)