Ideas for easy casseroles or other meals that freeze and reheat well?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you can. It's really slow cooked, it may be a little drier but could put some extra chicken or vegetable broth in with the roast then freeze it with the liquid.
Great! I'm going to boil some chicken tomorrow anyway, so I'll have some fresh stock. :)

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I figured, I noticed you are in Texas :paperbag:. It's still good without beans.
Well, chili and BBQ are very serious business in our neck of the woods. :wink:

That's why I usually leave those sorts of things to the guys. I just don't have the patience for spending a whole day on one meal. That's what crock pots are for. :biggrin:

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Great! I'm going to boil some chicken tomorrow anyway, so I'll have some fresh stock. :)
I like to cook things like this (including brisket) and shred/slice and let it sit in the juices for overnight in the fridge before freezing it to get the moisture in the meat more.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to cook things like this (including brisket) and shred/slice and let it sit in the juices for overnight in the fridge before freezing it to get the moisture in the meat more.
Ah, good idea! I'll give that a try.

And if all else fails, maybe I'll give our company some gift cards for McDonald's or something for Christmas. ;)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It took me awhile, but I do have some other ideas (if they've not been mentioned already).

Indoor Pulled Pork, Shredded BBQ Beef, and Sweet & Sour Pork (recipes are here: Recipes - Main Dishes And Entrees - Meat )

Italian Sausage Bake, Baked Ziti, (recipes are here: Recipes - Main Dishes And Entrees - Pasta )

Pretty much any kind of meat or chicken pie
Jambalaya
Red Beans and Rice
Make some BBQ chicken pieces, cool them down, and throw them in the freezer

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It took me awhile, but I do have some other ideas (if they've not been mentioned already).

Indoor Pulled Pork, Shredded BBQ Beef, and Sweet & Sour Pork (recipes are here: Recipes - Main Dishes And Entrees - Meat )

Italian Sausage Bake, Baked Ziti, (recipes are here: Recipes - Main Dishes And Entrees - Pasta )

Pretty much any kind of meat or chicken pie
Jambalaya
Red Beans and Rice
Make some BBQ chicken pieces, cool them down, and throw them in the freezer
Oh, bless you! Thanks. :)

I've never tried making pulled pork before, but there's a first time for everything. Ooh, and sweet & sour pork! *does Snoopy happy dance*

Dad has had a bit of a rough time these past few days, so I haven't gotten as much done as I had hoped before our company arrives this weekend, or possibly sooner. I'm almost tempted to just hand them a jar of peanut butter and a loaf of bread and tell them to have at it. :biggrin:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, bless you! Thanks. :)

I've never tried making pulled pork before, but there's a first time for everything. Ooh, and sweet & sour pork! *does Snoopy happy dance*

Dad has had a bit of a rough time these past few days, so I haven't gotten as much done as I had hoped before our company arrives this weekend, or possibly sooner. I'm almost tempted to just hand them a jar of peanut butter and a loaf of bread and tell them to have at it. :biggrin:
Or a handful of takeout menus with all your favorites circled. :lol:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or a handful of takeout menus with all your favorites circled. :lol:
LOL! I might just do that! :biggrin:

We live in a little town off the beaten path, so options are a bit limited. Would it be terribly rude to leave a map to the nearest Whataburger on their pillows instead of a chocolate mint? :wink:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like this idea A LOT. Especially in your situation somebody should be taking YOU & Dad out to dinner ! 🎅🎄
Hope springs eternal, or something like that. :)

Yesterday I put our company to work to help me in the kitchen. You know, just to give us more of a chance to visit while they're here. :paperbag:

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Some great recipes here,!

could do with sorting out some batch cooking otherwise in the evening I don't bother and just end up with toast. And it should be easy to do as I invested in a Foodi, I just seem to end up with the same things all I time.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
glittercat glittercat You have a Foodi? The Foodi Grill? Do you like it? What do you make with it? Which one do you have?

cheeser cheeser I put our company to work in the kitchen all the time. Grating cheese. Setting the table (if it's not already done when they get here). Putting ice in glasses and filling with whatever beverage we're having, Taking the rolls or bread from the oven and wrapping it for the table. All kinds of stuff. Sometimes I even put the guys to work. Yeah, it makes for a crowded kitchen sometimes, but thankfully nobody seems to mind and we all have a lot of fun!

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
glittercat glittercat You have a Foodi? The Foodi Grill? Do you like it? What do you make with it? Which one do you have?
I've seen the Ninja Grill and am really, really tempted, but it's the pressure cooker / air crisp version I have.

I've used it for chilli's, roast chicken, lamb tagine, various chicken and / or beef stews, wedges, burgers.

There are tons of Instant Pot and Foodi recipes online.

This has been mostly using frozen meat straight from the freezer as I always forget to take it out for defrosting in the morning. Tried to do pressure cooker jacket potatoes and then air crisp them, but not quite got the hang of those!!

So far it has all turned out great and even from frozen, and allowing time for the pressure to build up and release, is pretty quick and easy to do.

To be honest I'd actually intended to buy The Pressure King Pro (ha, infomercials are sooooo bad) but ended up getting the Foodi instead.

The Foodi is really excellent although it was a bit expensive. But if I'm using it then a lot of the time I don't use the oven.

I love the Foodi, the main issue is that it's only me I'm cooking for and so sometimes I just get lazy.

Attachments