I Went On Holidays....

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And now my lovely Tiger doesn't want to come near me :'-(

He stayed with my sister while away, has grown more and is floofier than when we left a week ago. My sister cried giving him back to me, they had so many cuddles and she fell in looove. Her boyfriend was 'whatever' about cats and now he loves them!

But now Tiger is ignoring me. Is it normal ? He always purrs when I pick him up but is now silent. So hurt!!!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How long have you been back?

My cats tend to become Velcro cats when I get back from a trip. However, my Mom's cat ignores her for usually about 48 hours. Then he "forgives" her and things return to normal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How long have you been back?

My cats tend to become Velcro cats when I get back from a trip. However, my Mom's cat ignores her for usually about 48 hours. Then he "forgives" her and things return to normal.
Well I got back yesterday but my sister begged to keep him another night so I said ok, he's only been back in the house a few hours. I thought at 4.5 months he would just get stright back to normal (we brought him out alot when he was only 8 weeks old plus) and we have also moved house since we got him. Hes quite adaptable so far! Hopefully tomorrow he'll be back to his affectionate ways!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
He will get back to his usual self pretty quickly. But how wonderful that both he and your sister has such a great time together.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
There have been a lot of changes in his young life, e.g. first, your move and second, going away on vacation. Be patient, give him time to adjust and I'm sure he will be back cuddling you again soon. :catlove:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There have been a lot of changes in his young life, e.g. first, your move and second, going away on vacation. Be patient, give him time to adjust and I'm sure he will be back cuddling you again soon. :catlove:
Yes, there had been. We had not intended to get a cat just yet as we have had a lot of changes but I found him abandoned so we decided to keep him. Here he is ignoring me lol!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here he is ignoring me lol!
Aww, look at that little sweetie giving you the silent treatment. It's nice that he got to bond with your sister though. Any chance she could come over for a little visit? That might help.