I want a dragon egg!

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How long do they usually take to hatch? It's been over 2 days since I got my first few, and they haven't even cracked yet.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sohni

How long do they usually take to hatch? It's been over 2 days since I got my first few, and they haven't even cracked yet.
I've been inactive for ages, and I'm reviving the egg thread.. !

Anyways.. it usually takes a few days for the eggs to start cracking.. I recommend posting on Dragonspam if you haven't yet.. I post there everyday if I can, and get tons of views and clicks!

My green hatchling turned out to be an old one. I'm hoping my gold will be female so I can attempt to breed it with my silver.. that would be awesome if it worked, then I'd get either another silver or gold!

Also, TJ seems to have new eggs/hatchlings on his scroll, but they're soft at the moment..

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi there. I did start at Dragonspam and with their help have grown up three dragons. My black ended up being a girl, so I bred her to my blue water dragon and got one blue and one black egg. I abandoned the blue egg and picked up an egg with designs on it.

My green is still a hatchling, so I don't know if it will be a girl or a boy dragon.

I see people posting about how they are watching their abandoned eggs, but I can't see how to do that.

Unfortunately I can't check on them during work hours.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

My green hatchling turned out to be an old one. I'm hoping my gold will be female so I can attempt to breed it with my silver.. that would be awesome if it worked, then I'd get either another silver or gold!
mine was an old style, too - plus it's another girl!
i've yet to get a silver by breeding my silver girl to any of my males yet. i don't have a silver male.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

mine was an old style, too - plus it's another girl!
i've yet to get a silver by breeding my silver girl to any of my males yet. i don't have a silver male.
I haven't had any luck getting any of the newer dragons.. either making them or stealing them (I'm guessing you steal an egg to get the shield dragon?). The new blacks look cool.

Also, I tried breeding my gold and silver and they won't even go near each other.. so much for that idea.

I almost got another gold earlier, though.. someone abandoned it, but I was too slow. I wonder if it was anyone on here? I did find a male split hatchling that was also abandoned, so I took it and froze it as a hatchling.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm surprised this thread is starting to die.. =/

I got two of those new shield eggs.. and another blue dino egg. I got really lucky and got a silver when I bred my female Skywing with my silver male.. hopefully it'll be a female.

I tried breeding my gold female with one of my whites, but nothing happened.

Also, I tried looking at TJ's scroll earlier and it's like.. hidden or something?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

I'm surprised this thread is starting to die.. =/

I got two of those new shield eggs.. and another blue dino egg. I got really lucky and got a silver when I bred my female Skywing with my silver male.. hopefully it'll be a female.

I tried breeding my gold female with one of my whites, but nothing happened.

Also, I tried looking at TJ's scroll earlier and it's like.. hidden or something?
maybe he was getting too many views?
yeah, i think the dragon thing has kinda run it's course [w/me, at least]. everytime i go to the cave, there're no eggs... too much work!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

maybe he was getting too many views?
yeah, i think the dragon thing has kinda run it's course [w/me, at least]. everytime i go to the cave, there're no eggs... too much work!
Maybe.. I still can't see it.
Hm, I'm doing even more with it now that there's all these changes and new dragons popping up.. though I've been getting most of my newer eggs through breeding my older ones.

Though I have noticed that when eggs are in the cave, some of the harder to find ones are popping up more often (paper, dino, chicken, even gold sometimes).
Anyways.. I'm still having plenty of fun with it.

My scroll is getting long!

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya, I haven't seen anyone yet with the new black dragons

& try as I may... every time I try to breed my vines to ANYTHING... it tells me they wont go near them... *bleh* I just want a new vine

& ya, so long as they keep throwing out new dragons... I'll stay interested.

http://dragcave.net/user/silentlore

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yaay there's a few people who are still getting dragon eggs!

I just noticed one of the newer ones today.. something about changing color to match the weather? I haven't got one yet, but it looks like there's something down with the site, when you try to view people's scrolls, none of the dragons show up.

I'm still waiting to see what my silver is.. my shields were a breeding pair.

Also, I still can't see TJ's scroll.. I wonder what's up with that.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I didn't realize that breeding was going to be so difficult. The first two I mated popped out 4 eggs, but since then I get failures or they don't like each other. It is a bit annoying that I need to wait a week between tries. I don't think that I have any rare dragons, but I will keep trying. Oh - I finally got a stone dragon which is new to me.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sohni

I didn't realize that breeding was going to be so difficult. The first two I mated popped out 4 eggs, but since then I get failures or they don't like each other. It is a bit annoying that I need to wait a week between tries. I don't think that I have any rare dragons, but I will keep trying. Oh - I finally got a stone dragon which is new to me.
I agree, breeding is sort of frustrating.. I got a silver when I bred my first silver male with my female skywing, and now I tried again today in hopes of another one, and it says they're not interested. I tried breeding my new silver male with my white female and it didn't produce an egg.

I hate the whole week-between-breedings thing, too. I wish it was only like, two or three days.

I looked at your scroll, you don't have any rares yet, but keep trying.. once you start getting them, maybe you'll get lucky with breeding and get an egg of that color.. then you can get more.

Oh yeah, I got two of those new eggs, "the markings on this egg match the weather outside".. can't wait to see what comes out.

Also hoping it'll be a breeding pair, like my shields.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Thought you guys might enjoy this! From yours truly!

http://dragoneggs.leadhoster.com/
OMG! I've been wondering if there was something like this for some time now! Thanks so much for posting it, it's a big help.. now I'll be able to tell if I have a new dark green when I breed them.

Also, I love the Christmas egg!!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! ^.^ I put a lot of work into it getting the coding to work the way I wanted it to. I'm missing a few items though, if anyone has them by chance.

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the Christmas egg description says something about Holiday in it? Oh yeah here's a Sick dragon. I think the Zombie was taken away for good. http://dragcave.net/viewdragon/n/Cam Gwrydd

What gets me mad is I have a few ideas for new dragons, but most of the people I have asked for help on DC are not nice or wont help, plus they wont allow new suggestions as of now. I'm also very bad at making sprites, but fairly good at drawing and thinking of ideas.

If I found someone good at spriting then we could put our talents together, make a new dragon or 2, and when new suggestions can be posted, well be ready for it! We can knock the socks off of everyone ha ha!

My ideas, if someone could sprite well.

Dog dragon (fuzzy dragon with floppy ears and dog tongue)
Bronze dragon
Egg dragon
Worm dragon

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah Zombies are officially gone for good. The reason, too many people were killing there dragons trying to get one.

So what does TJ do, get rid of it, instead of making an alternate way of getting one, crazy!

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm new to this dragon cave thing. I got some eggs and one hatchling that it said had been abandoned. I posted a link in my siggy. What do I do now?