I Voluntered To Hand Rear Two 3 Days Old Kittens Rejected By Their Momma

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, the friend go off work, and found the colleague. And she is at work, of course, they have overlapping hours. She gets off at 9PM my time, that's in 2 hours. So, two more hours to wait, at least.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's worse than I thought. The friend got hold of the colleague, who is now saying that the 2 kittens latched today. So she wants to WAIT until Tuesday for us to go get them.

I just got the friend number, I'm going to call her, get info on the colleague, and I think I'm going to go wait for her at her work. I need to get these kittens. This is getting ridiculous.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, you definitely need to speak with the person who has the kittens to ascertain what is going on.

I believe you said the mom has 8 kittens, which will make it tough for these two to get enough without being rotated and supplemented regardless.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree. Apparently, Tuesday is more "convenient" for the colleague. I can't get a hold of the friend, I left a message. All I need is a name, their workplace is 10 minutes from my place on foot.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Since you are the one who will be doing the favor, I would hope that this colleague would return your call.

As this is occurring through a third person, I wonder if the colleague is taking the offer as seriously as you are.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As this is occurring through a third person, I wonder if the colleague is taking the offer as seriously as you are.
I agree. I got hold of the friend, and she's as worried as we are. Since she has the planning for all personnel at work, she saw that there's a window tomorrow when we can go and get the kittens from the colleague. I wanted to do it tonight, but the colleague actually get off work at 1.30 AM my time, and not 9 PM like I thought.

Apparently, the colleague is also worried, and doesn't know what to do. I think she means well, but lacks the info, so I'm going with tomorrow, and hopefully I can explain to her how to care for her remaining cats.
She did say that the 2 kittens that were rejected at the beginning were back with the Momma and the rest of the litter this morning.
I just hope it's not too late.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm still waiting on news, the window to get the kittens is 3PM-5PM my time. It's now 1.10PM here. I contacted the friend this morning, and she said that the colleague was reluctant to see us today, because she's "got stuff to do". I don't think she realizes in how much danger these cats are, if all the info I got is true. I need to see for myself how everyone is doing.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh goodness this is weird. I wish there were some way to contact her directly. All this back and forth through 2nd and 3rd parties means communication gets lost. Anyway, hope things go well today.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Goodness! So are you going with your friend at 3pm? I hope it works out today! :)

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It gets weirder by the minute. So we didn't go today because the colleague, Alyssa, had an appointment. We are supposed to go tomorrow, early afternoon. I don't know what to think anymore.

It's hard getting reliable info through multiple people, so maybe this got blown out of proportion.

Just in case, I'm going to get info about animal welfare and how it really works here in France.
We know for a fact that Momma cat is not spayed, so I'm wondering if she's identified. This is mandatory since 2012 I think, so I'll see what I can do about these cats. Worse case scenario, if it's allowed by the law, I'm thinking about taking everyone with me. This really upsets me, I don't understand some people.

I'll keep everyone updated.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't know what to think anymore either, except that this "colleague" is putting you off and hoping you will go away. :(

I just hope the kittens are okay.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's what I'm thinking too. I'm going into research mode, and see what I can do if we can't see the kittens tomorrow. It's just too weird.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best case scenario is that the mama cat is now feeding the two little ones and they no longer need to be rescued. And maybe the owner is having second thoughts about giving them up, if that's the case. Anyway, I hope so, even though it's disappointing to not get the little babies like you'd planned after going to so much trouble. :hugs:

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ginny ginny That's what I'm hoping for too.

I found the laws regarding animal welfare, and there's not a lot I can do. I need to have multiple proof of abuse, have an association ready to press charges and assume the financial costs, and even then it rarely goes to court. Removing the animal(s) myself is out of the question, it's against the law. I called my association and they confirmed it. They still want me to keep them in the loop though.

This is hard, that's not something I ever was exposed to before. I've always have been around people who value the life of all beings, and that's how I was raised. Knowing that these cats may be in need of help, and there's nothing I can do about it, it's breaking my heart.

I'm trying to stay positive, and hope to be able to go see for myself tomorrow.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, let's hope tomorrow works out. If not, I'm not sure there will be anything more you can do.