I use this kitchen tool to clean the litter box! :D (Pictures Inside)

taty caty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,

Ordinary scoopers are disappointing (at least the ones I've seen). They miss a lot.

I tried several clumping litters, and they all -after a few days- start to lose their clumping power. This results in clumps that easily brittle when moving them especially if they are stuck in the bottom of the box, and thus leave small particles that the scoop misses, or the the clump itself sometimes does not form fully, and this results in a sort of wet sand that can not be scooped out with the ordinary scooper.

So, and without further ado or delay, I present to thee is this illustrious tool.

This is the super magic super cheap tool.

I got it from the kitchen section. (What is its name by the way? It is not a sift, is it? I don't cook, I don't know

I let the litter go through it.

Mind you, It is a tedious job, because it does not take much litter each time.

And the yucky yucky small sinister thingies that the scooper can't get are now trapped.

Here is more of the yucky yucky stubborn particles.

And the litter box is clean.

Now I'm happy, and so is my kitty. Those small things he can smell, and they give his a feeling that the box is not clean, and he keeps digging trying to hide them.

I though I should share this. I hope it will be useful.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks great!

I use a two-step process for scooping the litter boxes.

First step - I use a small plastic scraper that I think is intended to spread sheet rock joint compound. Run under the litter along the bottom of the litter box to break clumps free.

Next, use a regular litter scoop to pick up the clumps.

Works quite well. And the scraper is almost the same shade of blue as the scoop. How coordinated!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Great idea. I believe it's called a "skimmer". I've got one in stainless steel and have sometimes wondered whether it would make a good litter scoop. Most of those are plastic.

Last edited:

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Great idea. I believe it's called a "skimmer". I've got one in stainless steel and have sometimes wondered whether it would make a good litter scoop. Most of those are plastic.
ooohhh, I have a stainless steel one too - it's an extra - wow ! great idea for something just being stored in my garage and not being used for anything   :)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oooh!  My mother has a metal one but I think it has slits instead of little holes.  I'm going to keep my eye out for a plastic one like this.  I think thats one kitchen thing I don't have!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't you have trouble because of the round shape?  It won't get into corners.

Margret