I Scratched The Inside Of My Cats Mouth

Williams mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, im new and a new cat mom. He is a senior of 15 years old. Tonight as we were going to bed he saw something under the bed and grabbed it and started chewing it. It was a small leaf but i didnt know, it was dark. So when i attempted to pull it out of his mouth, my finger nail jabbed the roof of his mouth. Is he going to be alright? What should i do? He didnt hate me, he started puring when i was apologizing.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!

He should be fine, just watch to see that he eats and drinks the same as before that, --in other words that his mouth isn't sore.

Lol, I can't tell if you are new to being a cat mom, or the mom of a new cat, or both, but bless you for taking in an older kitty!

Just in case, let me post this too;

First-time Cat Owner's Guide

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! I’m sure your kitty will be ok, they are pretty risiliant. Feel free to share pictures and let us know what his name is! It’s wonderful you adopted an older kitty, what a lucky fellow!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Williams mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! I’m sure your kitty will be ok, they are pretty risiliant. Feel free to share pictures and let us know what his name is! It’s wonderful you adopted an older kitty, what a lucky fellow!
Thank you! Im sure i will have many more posts and questions :) i am new cat mom to a new cat! Sir william came into my life 1 whole week ago! It was fate that he came home with me

On feburary 13th of this year i saw the most handsome cat ive ever seen on the humane society fb post. He stole my heart with one glance. (May i mind you, never thought i would or could get a cat, im also allergic, or so i thought)
So i took a screne shot of his phot and showed lots of people.
Then 2 months later, he was adopted! I was both sad for not meeting him and happy he found his furever home.
I came across his photo in my phone from time to time and aww at it, then put it away.

October 12th he showed up on my news feed again!!! I was so excited and happy to get another chance to meet him but again with the 2 sided emotion, sad that they brought him back.
So i rushed down there the following day, 45min drive and i finally got to meet him!
He was a chill relaxed cat but purred like crazy, he was more than i expected!! I spent an hour with him. I knew i had to think about it over night before makjng and big decision. I did not grow up with pets except fish and i owned a bird for 14 months 3 years ago so its a big step for me.
Well i couldnt stop thinking about him so i went the next day to visit again.
So excited to see him, (i never been to a shelter before so i didnt know the protocol) i walked in and without stopping i looked at the girl at the front desk and said "here to visit william" and kept on walking right to his room! Like i said, I was so excited, i tried to open the door lol duh they lock them. Then, feeling like an idiot, i hear from around the corner, "shes ok, she was here yesterday" lol

Well long story short, i applied to be his furless companion and got to take him home a few days later!!!
He has been a blessing to me as i am a middle aged single (now crazy cat lady) no kids women, he is exactly what i needed in my life and all i want to do is make his last few years special, spoiled and comfortable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Williams mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awww, what sweetheart!!
I'm so glad he has you:)
Do you happen to know why the other adopters brought him back?
He beat up there dog lol too funny! I love dogs but i also love a cat who doesnt take no shit from nobody lol its just me so i think its a purfect place for him. He is so afectionate and cuddly

dkb817

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's such a handsome lad - and so very lucky to have been rescued by someone so concerned for his wellbeing! :)

"Sir William" will more likely than not be just fine; Cats are much more resilient than we give them credit for (My 20+ year old tabby cat would regularly run underfoot of my 300+ lb father and get stepped on; It was always an accident and he would almost immediately forgive my father by curling up on his belly and going to sleep LOL)

Aieko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
William is truly a handsome boy. I'm glad that you adopted an older cat as they get overlooked in shelters because everyone wants a young kitty.

Thank you for blessing this old and cute boy's life, as we all appreciate you adopting him and making his last few years special and comfortable.
;):p