I need some expert advice on what breed my kitty is.

pinkjelly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I need some expert advice on what breed my little kitty is, here she is :)

I have done a lot of research on her and to me she seems like a main coon cat, she's just barely over a year old and she's somewhat small , she has big paws for her size( I compared her to an older cat that i have he's much bigger but has smaller paws) and she has all traits of a main coon, including the long sleek fur on her back and even longer fluffier and softer fur on her under side, she also has big wide ears and long hair coming out from them and the small and slight hair on top of her ears , she has long fuzzy hairs under her paws between her toes , the second picture is of her tail and its big  (to me it looks like an old feather duster) she always has an expression of being wild and sometimes she has a look on her face as if to say *** and other times she looks at me like i have 10 heads as if to say :p and there is a really strange thing she does , when shes happy she purrs like a normal cat but when she gets really happy she makes a high pitched purr almost like a humming and purring at the same time (when she purrs we call it her motor and when she makes the higher noise we call that "revving up on the throttle lol) but anyways im looking for a second opinion on her because everyone seems to think im wrong, anyone's opinions are more then welcome please post a comment and your opinions on what i have thanks :)

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Keep in mind, one of the"marker" traits of the Maine Coon is large size. But, without papers, your cat can only be a Domestic Long Hair...and a very beautiful DLH she is, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkjelly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yes i know that they are supposed to be big cats but in the research that i have done its takes anywhere from 3 years to 5 years for them to fully mature and get to their proper size but she is only 13 moths old and not an outside cat ,  and the female main coon gets to approx. 9-12 pounds and the male gets to about 13-18 pounds my cat is a female not male and in general female cats are smaller in size anyways , i have done an extreme amount of research 

pinkjelly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
and im not quite shure how to get papers for her :( 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only the breeder can get the papers, so unless you got her from a breeder she is considered a DLH. She's very beautiful and definitely looks like mostly Maine Coon. My Casper is the spitting image of a Flame Point Siamese, blue eyes and all, but with out papers he is a Domestic Short Hair, but that's all right, I love him anyway!

pinkjelly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i never got her from a breeder :( her mother was a barn cat and the father of her is a stray :( i know shes not a pure breed of anything but she loooks like a maine coon , her facial markings resemble a tabby and the colors of her fur is called trutoise shell , but im perfectly fine with her, i loves her to pieces :) 

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh wow what a beautiful cat :heart4: She is so pretty :nod:

I'm a maine coon breeder and although your girl is very, very pretty and longhaired with a tabby pattern. She doesn't really have quite the right face structure and muzzle shape for a maine coon.

If she has a tabby pattern and tortoiseshell colours then this is known as a TORBIE ( tabby and torbie ) So your beautiful girls colour and pattern would be classed as a brown torbie :D