I Need Advice

Yanaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't... understand everything you mean. I agree that a homecooked diet doesn't sound like the best option for you: 1/you might not find everything you need to supplement the cat appropriately, 2/it would require a lot of research on your part, and it kinda looks like you're a little overwhelmed right now. You can get dry food for your cat, and supplement her with Sheba wet food once a day. Just control how much she eats so she doesn't become obese, but the wet food will help keep her hydrated

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't... understand everything you mean. I agree that a homecooked diet doesn't sound like the best option for you: 1/you might not find everything you need to supplement the cat appropriately, 2/it would require a lot of research on your part, and it kinda looks like you're a little overwhelmed right now. You can get dry food for your cat, and supplement her with Sheba wet food once a day. Just control how much she eats so she doesn't become obese, but the wet food will help keep her hydrated
Sheba chicken or tuna ??

Yanaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I give him food
And i did see the same problem
First poop is normal and the second
Soft stool
I don't know what to say. There are so many parameters:
Was the cat recently de-wormed? Did you run a fecal test with your vet? Does the cat have access to plants? Is the cat drinking enough water? Did you change the food recently?

She could have soft stools from eating the chicken etc. Maybe give it time with the normal cat food and see what happens.

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know what to say. There are so many parameters:
Was the cat recently de-wormed? Did you run a fecal test with your vet? Does the cat have access to plants? Is the cat drinking enough water? Did you change the food recently?

She could have soft stools from eating the chicken etc. Maybe give it time with the normal cat food and see what happens.
No i dont know he didnt lose wight he still 4.5 kg and i didnt run anytest yet
No i dont send him outside he drink little bet because he eating wet with alot of sup and my food is since he was 1 year is 2 time wet food sometimes chicken sometimes cat tuna i was give him life cat company then i turn to schesir because everyone love it anyway between the meal he eat little bet of dry food royal canin so i’m not sure if there is something wrong and i’m so afraid that he has some chronic sicknes he still young and here we dont have alot of cat food and diet please tell me there is nothing wrong

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I see by your thread in Health that you have taken him to the Vet and he's now on medication and to be given only the dry food for awhile, plus he'll be going in this weekend for a dental. Did your Vet do a fecal float to test him for parasites?

Simply by switching him over to all dry food, you may notice a change, mainly because dry food is "drying", so it normally helps with firming up stools. That doesn't mean it really takes care of the problem...it's more of a bandaid. But the Metro the Vet put him on might, depending on what's causing it. :crossfingers:.

I'm hoping you feeling a little better now that you've been to the Vet :hugs:. AND, I if this medication doesn't work, then it may be that he has a sensitivity to chicken. If that's the case, you may need to try him on other proteins. Does the Sheba only come in Chicken or Tuna over there? No beef? How about Fancy Feast. I saw in your other post that you have access to that. It's not really all that bad, especially when your choices are limited. OR, can you order food via the internet and get things like rabbit, venison or even kangaroo, IF you need to?

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I see by your thread in Health that you have taken him to the Vet and he's now on medication and to be given only the dry food for awhile, plus he'll be going in this weekend for a dental. Did your Vet do a fecal float to test him for parasites?

Simply by switching him over to all dry food, you may notice a change, mainly because dry food is "drying", so it normally helps with firming up stools. That doesn't mean it really takes care of the problem...it's more of a bandaid. But the Metro the Vet put him on might, depending on what's causing it. :crossfingers:.

I'm hoping you feeling a little better now that you've been to the Vet :hugs:. AND, I if this medication doesn't work, then it may be that he has a sensitivity to chicken. If that's the case, you may need to try him on other proteins. Does the Sheba only come in Chicken or Tuna over there? No beef? How about Fancy Feast. I saw in your other post that you have access to that. It's not really all that bad, especially when your choices are limited. OR, can you order food via the internet and get things like rabbit, venison or even kangaroo, IF you need to?
Hello there will he check hes wight 2 weeks ago and today is the same 4.5kg
So he didnt think about any problem
Most of these problem cat lose wight
I will put him on dry for now only of course and ones chicken with some Oatmeal to avoid dehydration and he love it after he weak up and know he fine i will try some new food even if i have to order it and thank i really feel better I'm suffering from serious anxiety and disturbing thinking.
And I don't know when to think about therapy :( if i’m sure my kittey is fine then i’m fine he help me alot getting better