I Need Advice

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone
My cat is 3 years old and i cant say he has diarrhea but its look like it i been giving him schesir wet food chicken flaver and some time tuna flaver he always fine with it but this week he has something look like diarrhea dark brown and doesnt have shape anyway he didnt vomit the last time he did it 2 week ago or more :cringe:
So i though maybe from schesir
And cook him home made chicken
Breasts with oatmeal and he still have the problem with alittle bit pressure
He move hes hand when he pooping but still the same problem so i **** him only chicken and i dont know yet
Sometimes normal sometimes mix with normal
And i’m not sure what the perfect diet for this i dont know what to **** i only knew chicken can you suggests me ?
I want him healthy and what do you think about schesir food ??
And here we have cold weather do you think its the problem ??
And about the dry food i give him like snack between meal royal canin sensitive
{ sorry for the bad english }:bawling2:

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is your cat indoor/outdoor? Has he been tested for parasites or had a blood test done? I would suggest taking him to the vet to rule out medical issues if you haven’t already.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is your cat indoor/outdoor? Has he been tested for parasites or had a blood test done? I would suggest taking him to the vet to rule out medical issues if you haven’t already.
Indoor he never go out no and no and no i write my problem in the health forum they say if he purring and laying in hea back hes fine :paranoid:

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Indoor he never go out no and no and no i write my problem in the health forum they say if he purring and laying in hea back hes fine :paranoid:
I do still think you should take him to the vet. It could possibly be a medical issue. It could also be food allergies, but you’ll have to rule out causes one by one. Also, feeding plain chicken is fine, but not for long term. The plain chicken won’t have enough nutrients to feed on a daily basis (it’s not a “complete meal”).

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What is the compete meal ??

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is the compete meal ??
A complete meal means that it has all of the nutrients that a cat needs, like taurine and vitamins B and E. Feeding just chicken breast won’t have all of these nutrients and a cat that eats this for a long time will develop nutrient deficiency. And the oatmeal will do nothing for cats. Cats don’t need carbs so he will just poop it out.

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A complete meal means that it has all of the nutrients that a cat needs, like taurine and vitamins B and E. Feeding just chicken breast won’t have all of these nutrients and a cat that eats this for a long time will develop nutrient deficiency. And the oatmeal will do nothing for cats. Cats don’t need carbs so he will just poop it out.
So what do you suggest ?? I like when i **** chicken its easy one but what should i add ??

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So what do you suggest ?? I like when i **** chicken its easy one but what should i add ??
If you are going to feed homecooked food you need to make sure you are giving the right amount of muscle meat, organ meat, and bones (for calcium). If you truly want to do an all home cooked diet you will need to do your research. It’s not just a matter of cooking some chicken breast. You will also need to add supplements. Catinfo.org has recipes you can follow. Please do your research because feeding a non-balanced diet can be deadly for your cat.

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you are going to feed homecooked food you need to make sure you are giving the right amount of muscle meat, organ meat, and bones (for calcium). If you truly want to do an all home cooked diet you will need to do your research. It’s not just a matter of cooking some chicken breast. You will also need to add supplements. Catinfo.org has recipes you can follow. Please do your research because feeding a non-balanced diet can be deadly for your cat.
Thanks if there thing ship to my country i wouldnt say no ! I want my cat to be healthy ofcurse

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks if there thing ship to my country i wouldnt say no ! I want my cat to be healthy ofcurse
Can i ask you what company do you use ? And if i buy somefood do i need to add some supplment ??

Yanaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi there. It will be easier for you to just read the info on the website Neo_23 shared with you. Then if you still have questions you can come back here! In the meantime, please get cat canned food from stores (not food for humans!) and don't feed her the cooked food you've been cooking.

Where do you live, and what is schesir??

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Uae its company making cat food and its the best here we have royal but only some falver i read the website and i dont know what to chose for company and what about the chicken i made i mean what i add ?? Some carriot ? And what do you think about this one for extra supplment ?
Hi there. It will be easier for you to just read the info on the website Neo_23 shared with you. Then if you still have questions you can come back here! In the meantime, please get cat canned food from stores (not food for humans!) and don't feed her the cooked food you've been cooking.

Where do you live, and what is schesir??

Attachments

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The picture you posted is just lysine powder. It is not a necessary nutrient that cats need. You only need to add supplements if you are making your own cat food, and in that case you need to do your research online.

If you are feeding a commercially bought can food (from the store) that is made for cats, it should say on the label that it is a complete meal. Where do you live? Standards may vary by your location.

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dubai that what schesir look like
I did search on the web i just get some headaches because i’m not really english person that why i ask for help so i have this and we have sheba in supermaket
So what can i add extra ?? Salmon oil from iherb ?? Yes i can shop online in iherb what do you think is importent to purchase i’m so sorry for alot of quastion but i didnt really think how much importnet this is

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try a home cooked diet. Plain chicken with nothing else is not a complete balanced diet for a cat and may result in nutritional deficienes which can be very serious.

Here are resources on home cooked diets: Home-Cooked Cat Food Resources There's a link there to recipies. Some recipies may require nutritional supplements which you can buy online or from a health food / vitamin type store. A pre-mix such as Alnutrin is the easiest to use but I don't think you can buy internationally.

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Try a home cooked diet. Plain chicken with nothing else is not a complete balanced diet for a cat and may result in nutritional deficienes which can be very serious.

Here are resources on home cooked diets: Home-Cooked Cat Food Resources There's a link there to recipies. Some recipies may require nutritional supplements which you can buy online or from a health food / vitamin type store. A pre-mix such as Alnutrin is the easiest to use but I don't think you can buy internationally.
Thanks but is there powder with all supplment he need ?? So i can take it with me when i travel and mix it with cat foot i have some paste from VetIQ hairball and the green one and i gave it from time to time

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I have mail in use and i cant ship it to my country but i can use it with cooked ?? I’m afried i give him extra supplment i dont know how much i put the website write about raw

Ladewyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I personally would recommend going to your vet first and foremost and sticking with a premade canned cat food (which the vet probably sells) to start. Although veterinary foods aren't the best foods per se, they are almost always balanced nutritionally so that you don't have to worry about supplementation. I really think you need to address the cat's vomiting and diarrhea with your vet and start with a basic premade balanced meal.

If gaining supplements is difficult in your country, homemade diets should only be a concern *after* you've got him on a balanced diet and have his health issues worked out. Or that's my opinion on the matter anyways

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with L Ladewyn . It sounds like doing a homecooked diet will be tricky where you live. So I would take your cat to the vet and get a pre-made canned food recommendation from them.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you have access to Sheba, that is 100% nutritionally complete, at least here in the U.S., so you might try and see if that helps.

Also, when trying to help with diarrhea. boiled or poached chicken should have nothing added (like any type of spices or onions or garlic, that type of thing). Just water. Then you would want to add in some WHITE rice, cooked in the chicken broth. Then after everything has cooled you can mix shreds of the chicken mixed with the rice and broth to your cat for no more than 5 or 6 days since it isn't nutritionally complete for a cat (already stated above). This is basically just to give their intestines a break as the diarrhea normally clears up with just the chicken and rice. If it doesn't, it can mean he has a sensitivity to chicken, or something else is going on...like parasites perhaps.