I Just Got A New Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Genivene

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sadly the kitten pasted but I talked to my dad and he said the kitten was sickly when we got him. But we still have the rest to take care of.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry. Your dad is right, and something probably went wrong before he was even born. We'll be happy to help you with the others in any way that we can.

Rest you gentle, Sweet Baby, dream you deep. Your tiny life had meaning, and you are mourned.

Genivene

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update they are all doing well and starting to walk. But should a kittens third eylid be showing and one of them always has crusty stuff around it's eyes. I was wondering what do y'all think is wrong with him.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear - he is about the age that the immunity from the mom's milk wears off. So it might be a sign that they are getting some sort of kitty cold. L-lysine helps build up their own immune system. It could also be an eye infection or maybe just a scratch from one of the siblings playing too rough. A vet visit as soon as you can would be an excellent idea.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Or it could be an upper respiratory infection, a "kitty cold." It will probably need an antibiotic to clear it up, and make sure that the kitten keeps eating. Sometimes their noses get stuffy, and if they can't smell their food, they won't eat it. Vet visit should be done, and will let you get that kitten healthy again in short order.

Genivene

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They all get this like yellow goop at the edge of their eyes most mornings. Do y'all know what is wrong with him.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You really do need to have them checked. They may well have URIs (upper respiratory infections) and those won't clear up without treatment.

I know how hard you are trying for these kittens. Thank you.

Genivene

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We got them checked out and they just had a kitty cold. They are much better now and are getting more active. Thank y'all for the advice.

Kfleenor22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all. I am new to this site and I haven't been able to figure out how to start my own thread. My kitty has gotten very very round and her nipples are very big.. I think she's pregnant but i have no idea how far along she is. When i rub her belly I don't feel her babies but my sister says she does, when I pinched her nipples today there was a clear fluid that came out, is that normal? If so could you guys pinpoint roughly how far along she is? Thank you guys

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don’t know how far along your cat is, but here’s how to star a new topic:
Go to menu (top left) > forums. Choose a forum where you want to post. At the top right you’ll see “start new topic” or something to that effect. Good luck with your kitty.