I hurt Angel today,

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi all, I was putting the small air conditioner in the bedroom window a little while ago. And Angel had to check it out, I was closeing the window on top of the air conditioner and Angel tried to sneek out between them, I pushed her back and closed the window quick only to hear Angel just screaming in my ear, Here she tried to get back on top quick and I smashed her foot in between the air conditioner and the window. So she is screaming in my ear and I am going nuts trying to get the window up again and finally got it and she jumped down. I called her and she was waiting for me and I picked her up and said I was sorry and she licked my face, I took the paw I mashed in my hand and felt it and she didn't seem to be in pain and I put on the floor and watched her walk and she is walking ok, with no limp. Could have been very bad if I had really slamed the window down on her foot.

If she is not in pain when I feel her foot and she is walking fine should I be worried? She is always the one bad things happen to. Yvonne has got her foot in the door before, got her head in the door before, got her leg in the door before, and she just screams till she is loose and runs off and shows no sign of hurting. I saw the time she had her leg in the door and I would have bet money she had to have a broken leg. About a minute after it happened she was back to her old self. Can she be that tough or just real good at not showing pain?

I think she is ok but I still feel bad for crushing her foot.

cat_lover_330

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
awww-well, you shouldn't feel too bad-it was an accident!
Well, I know that Sherbert has gotten his head got in the door trying to get out and other stuff like that, and as long as they seem OK, they should be...BUT, if he starts limping or looking awkward or anything, than it would be a good idea to get him checked out at the vets...
Hope that I helped!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She seems fine tonight. She must have real tough bones and joints, or they are made of rubber to take that without getting hurt. I was afraid I crushed her foot when I realized what I had done and saw how flat I had the end of her foot mashed, and that painfull scream she made right into my ear when it happened. I bet you couldn't fit a pencil in the gap that her foot was in.