I Have More Trust Issues Than This Feral..

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sounds good. I just usually say "check with vet" cuz I'd hate to be wrong and have it be something bad. Glad to hear he's acting normal!
I agree. I didn't relax til I saw him acting like a hooligan this morning.
He is currently sitting next to me begging for a bite of my lunch. AS IF. I have never fed them a bite of anything other than their cat food, but you would swear they look at me like a walking vending machine. This to say that all is right in my world once more. :lol:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
how are the rugrats doing?

As far as coughing=do you heat with forced hot air? It dries out the air..as far as asthma-it would show up in xray and high eosinophils in the blood work. My Bee has asthma-no clue why=came to me this way-possible her prior home were smokers. She's on Flo-vent twice a day. she takes the puffer no problem...I wouldn't worry too much about the coughing=Bee was tired all the time and didn't' have enough breathe to climb her tree. Her reps per minute at night while sleeping were 45 to 50. They need to be 30 or less...now it's 30 on the meds...

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
how are the rugrats doing?

As far as coughing=do you heat with forced hot air? It dries out the air..as far as asthma-it would show up in xray and high eosinophils in the blood work. My Bee has asthma-no clue why=came to me this way-possible her prior home were smokers. She's on Flo-vent twice a day. she takes the puffer no problem...I wouldn't worry too much about the coughing=Bee was tired all the time and didn't' have enough breathe to climb her tree. Her reps per minute at night while sleeping were 45 to 50. They need to be 30 or less...now it's 30 on the meds...
This is good info, thank you! Charlie doesn't seem to have trouble breathing when he chases Finn around the house, so at least there's that. I haven't seen any further coughing episodes, but I did make a tentative appointment for him at the vet next week since his appetite has been reduced for the last 3 days. I've had to coax him to eat. I went and bought some out-of-the-norm foods and that has helped. I'm stopping his CBD oil and his Bach's essences just in case they're impacting his appetite or the flavor of his food somehow. Will see how the next few days go.

On a side note, the boys have done really well for the last couple days. It's been really interesting to watch Finn watch Charlie. He's starting to imitate him. Charlie will sometimes sit beside the furniture and paw at it with one foot when he wants my attention. He has no claws so he gets away with it. Today Finn started to do the same thing - kept his claws retracted and just pawed the furniture with one paw just like Charlie does it! He's usually balls-to-the-wall-clawing-with-both-paws but I had the distinct impression he was imitating C today! I've noticed Finn go up to Charlie and sniff his back intently a couple times, and rather than bite it like he often will, which causes a scuffle, he would just settle down next to Charlie. I never have any idea what's going on with these two, I'm just the creepy stalker who spies on them and snipes pics...like this one taken after a back-sniffing with a happy ending:
Tails.jpg

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
This is good info, thank you! Charlie doesn't seem to have trouble breathing when he chases Finn around the house, so at least there's that. I haven't seen any further coughing episodes, but I did make a tentative appointment for him at the vet next week since his appetite has been reduced for the last 3 days. I've had to coax him to eat. I went and bought some out-of-the-norm foods and that has helped. I'm stopping his CBD oil and his Bach's essences just in case they're impacting his appetite or the flavor of his food somehow. Will see how the next few days go.

On a side note, the boys have done really well for the last couple days. It's been really interesting to watch Finn watch Charlie. He's starting to imitate him. Charlie will sometimes sit beside the furniture and paw at it with one foot when he wants my attention. He has no claws so he gets away with it. Today Finn started to do the same thing - kept his claws retracted and just pawed the furniture with one paw just like Charlie does it! He's usually balls-to-the-wall-clawing-with-both-paws but I had the distinct impression he was imitating C today! I've noticed Finn go up to Charlie and sniff his back intently a couple times, and rather than bite it like he often will, which causes a scuffle, he would just settle down next to Charlie. I never have any idea what's going on with these two, I'm just the creepy stalker who spies on them and snipes pics...like this one taken after a back-sniffing with a happy ending:
View attachment 315022
I hope Charlie's appetite picks up! Maybe Finn knows Charlie's appetite is off and is giving him some peaceful time. That's too funny about Finn imitating Charlie!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think your cats will be fine to cohabit..Lilah is still charging at Bee=but for now Bee gives Lilah the dirty look-I haven't let them cohabit..hate the stress of Lilah chasing Bee- but yesterday was officially 12 weeks she has been with us..she is snuggly and never gets tired of being pet...Bee on the other hand sleeps next to me now on the blow up bed I set up=but she gets mad if I pet her too much-and then spends half an hour licking her fur back into place...

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think your cats will be fine to cohabit..Lilah is still charging at Bee=but for now Bee gives Lilah the dirty look-I haven't let them cohabit..hate the stress of Lilah chasing Bee- but yesterday was officially 12 weeks she has been with us..she is snuggly and never gets tired of being pet...Bee on the other hand sleeps next to me now on the blow up bed I set up=but she gets mad if I pet her too much-and then spends half an hour licking her fur back into place...
Yes! Charlie does the same thing! He's more of a "pet me with your eyes" cat - and often when I do try to snuggle him, he can't wait to get his fur back into place! Finn on the other hand is very affectionate and snuggle, and of course it melts my heart! So glad that Lilah is a snuggle bug - it does help the human out during this transition, doesn't it?

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope Charlie's appetite picks up! Maybe Finn knows Charlie's appetite is off and is giving him some peaceful time. That's too funny about Finn imitating Charlie!
His appetite is better, but he's still not eating with the gusto that he used to. I'm keeping an eye on him and will decide by tomorrow afternoon whether to keep or cancel Thursday's appointment. Praying that he is back to 100% tomorrow!

As for imitation - today Charlie gave a meow that sounded just like Finn's meow. Do cats imitate each other? Charlie's not a vocal cat at all, he usually just chirps. Caught me by surprise to hear him give a loud Finn-meow!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it's possible they can play monkey see monkey do. I have had cats who hardly ever meowed then got a new kitty who meows and they start meowing. Lilah is a talker when you tick her off-she hates me picking her up-and meows and hisses. Bee loves to be carried around...she actually purrs when I carry her around the yard then growls when I walk into the house-the growl is her way of telling me to pound sand...I just laugh at her cause she's so pretty that a growly kitty won't stop me from loving on her :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
His appetite is better, but he's still not eating with the gusto that he used to. I'm keeping an eye on him and will decide by tomorrow afternoon whether to keep or cancel Thursday's appointment. Praying that he is back to 100% tomorrow!
As for imitation - today Charlie gave a meow that sounded just like Finn's meow. Do cats imitate each other? Charlie's not a vocal cat at all, he usually just chirps. Caught me by surprise to hear him give a loud Finn-meow!
Good, Charlie, eat!!
Gracie has a lot of meows (being Siamese.) Sometimes when I say "Gracie, want some scratchies?" she has this meow that sounds like "no...". Cracks me up. It would be hilarious if Moofles started to imitate her.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s so cute that they are learning from each other. I love it when the kitties talk! BJ never speaks by meowing but he totally speaks through his expressions. Lady is a lot like foxxycat foxxycat s Bee. She loves outside and fussed when I carry her in. Funny though, she never wants to be out without me. A door closed between us is a reason to paw the door. She also goes around the house calling to toys, other kitties and any creature she sees outside. Banjo sings to herself! Lol Every kitty is different and every kitty is a delight! Have a Happy New Year everyone!

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just read this whole thread lol. Wow thank you so much for bringing this feral kitty into your home now he has a loving family! Charlie and Fin are so sweet! You are doing great! <3
Aw, thank you! You must be one determined person - this thread kind of grew into a monster. ;) Quite a testament to the helpful nature of the members here! :redheartpump: :grouphug:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, thank you! You must be one determined person - this thread kind of grew into a monster. ;) Quite a testament to the helpful nature of the members here! :redheartpump: :grouphug:
The thread grew into a monster? :flail:Funny how threads grow here! Indeed there are a lot if people who offered me support as well! This is your thread post number 1, 375!:woo::banana1::bunnydance::woohoo:
A testament to your determination to help a feral and blend a family!!

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I decided to cancel Charlie's appointment yesterday. I came to the conclusion that the Comfort Max must develop a funny flavor after the seal of the bottle has been opened for a while. I stopped all the CBD and Comfort Max, and Bach's (which I alternated) and he has started eating. So I put CBD on his treat and he'll eat that way, as long as I leave his food plain. I'm hoping that that's all it was - will keep watching him.

Finn, however, has developed terrible diarrhea again. I suspect it is seafood - when I feed food with seafood in it, I think it irritates his tummy. Anyone heard of this? For a kitty with urinary issues, isn't seafood a cautionary food? I feel like I've read that somewhere. He hasn't had any more urinary issues, and he does LOVE his seafood, so I've been feeding that more often than I used to. Now he has the loud, noisy gut when he empties into the litterbox like a scene out of Dumb and Dumber. I feel so bad. Back to the urinary food. It's always something. I thought kitties were supposed to be low maintenance! 🤪
Anyway, I hope everyone had a lovely New Years Day today! Blessed to have made it to 2020!

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good, Charlie, eat!!
Gracie has a lot of meows (being Siamese.) Sometimes when I say "Gracie, want some scratchies?" she has this meow that sounds like "no...". Cracks me up. It would be hilarious if Moofles started to imitate her.
We need videos of this!!

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The thread grew into a monster? :flail:Funny how threads grow here! Indeed there are a lot if people who offered me support as well! This is your thread post number 1, 375!:woo::banana1::bunnydance::woohoo:
A testament to your determination to help a feral and blend a family!!
Love you for being who you are and for all the invaluable help you've offered! You work tirelessly - I don't know how you keep up with your clowder and still manage to help so many people on this site. It's a very special collection of people, for sure, and your positivity truly sets the tone!