I have a problem with my cat

ronskie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Burger doesn't eat anymore starting this morning, he was just a 3 months cat (born in February) and I was afraid that he doesn't eat anymore. I think because I hit him hard with my slipper when he pees on the floor yesterday or because I spray some Air Freshener because after I sprayed some air freshener, after 10 minutes. I thought he was crying and I look at him he was vomiting and after some few minutes or hours I think, he vomits again and then this noon when I was about to eat my lunch, he vomits again and I don't know any cat vet near my place. I live in Legazpi City, Albay, Philippines. And also, he acts so lame this day because he used to be playing around and attacking my foot.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First of all, why hit a kitten for peeing on the floor? Does he even have a litter box? Second, what type of air freshener did you use? How much of it? Where exactly did you spray? He could be vomitting because he swallowed what you sprayed. Third, any veterinarian can take a look at your cat. I am sure there are private veterinarians in your area.  If not, go to the local branch of the Bureau of Animal Industry in your barangay or municipal hall. There should be at least one government veterinarian on duty. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ronskie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He has a litter box but I don't know why he pees on the floor. I used Glade. I didn't sprayed it directly to him and I don't live in a Barangay. I don't know if there's a veterinarian in the Municipal Hall. I'm 14. I gave him a canned sardines and he didn't eat it. I gave him a 2 pieces of fish in the noon and this night. 

Last edited:

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Vomiting, loss of appetite, lethargy, urinating outside the box are signs that Burger is very ill. It is imperative that you find a veterinarian. Can your parents help you look for one?  I am so sorry for your kitten. 

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please do not hit your cat! Sometimes cats pee outside the litter box because they are sick, usually a urinary tract infection. Your cat may have a blockage and will die without going to a vet. You may also have caused internal injury from hitting the cat or you poisened him with the glade. You need to set this right by getting him medical treatment. Do you really want to live with the guilt that you killed him? I know you are 14 but you know how to use the Internet so search for resources in your area and follow the advice above and go to the municiple hall.

FYI hitting a cat will not change bad behavior and as you can see it only makes things worse. Like I said litter box issues may be medical or it may be because the box wasnt clean. Next time use this site to find better solutions when the cat does something wrong.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ronskie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This was the very first time I hit him and I know how to use the Internet.
Please do not hit your cat! Sometimes cats pee outside the litter box because they are sick, usually a urinary tract infection. Your cat may have a blockage and will die without going to a vet. You may also have caused internal injury from hitting the cat or you poisened him with the glade. You need to set this right by getting him medical treatment. Do you really want to live with the guilt that you killed him? I know you are 14 but you know how to use the Internet so search for resources in your area and follow the advice above and go to the municiple hall.

FYI hitting a cat will not change bad behavior and as you can see it only makes things worse. Like I said litter box issues may be medical or it may be because the box wasnt clean. Next time use this site to find better solutions when the cat does something wrong.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only person who can really tell you what's wrong with your cat is a veterinarian, so the best advice would be to find one. Obviously hitting a cat can cause injury, and it sure won't help with his litterbox avoidance.

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This was the very first time I hit him and I know how to use the Internet.
That is why I suggested you use it to find a vet, any vet, near you and please never hit another cat-especially such a young kitten! It really doesn't matter how many times you hit him- you did hit him and may have caused a severe injury. You must find a way now to get him medical attention so he can survive the injury you probably caused. 

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After a quick google search I found the office of veterinary services in your city (http://www.legazpicity.gov.ph/offices_depts.php?p=2), so there are clearly vets you can find if you contact the municipal hall. You will also probably find even more results if you google your exact area and maybe try the search in Filipino. 

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To be totally honest I am not sure if you are a troll or not, but in the event that you are not

1) You need to get your kitten to a vet.  If he is only 3 months old, then how he is acting is very serious cause for alarm.  Even if he were older I'd tell you you  have to get him to a vet but kittens are very fragile. He probably won't make it without veterinary help.

2) I see you seem very defensive that people have told you not to hit the kitten. There is no need to be defensive.  The simple fact is that people are alerting you to the fact that you made a terrible mistake in doing this.  

3) As others have said, he may be peeing on the floor due to a urinary problem.  He may also be peeing on the floor because he is a kitten.  If you want a cat that won't ever randomly pee on the floor, it's advisable to get an older cat who is fully trained.  Either way, hitting him only makes it worse.  If it is a urinary problem the vet will be able to help.  If not, your kitten is not fully trained.  He will not learn by being hit.  He will learn by being placed in the litterbox after an accident, after he eats, and after he sleeps.

4) I truly urge you to get your kitten to a vet ASAP if you care about his life and health.

emeza

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat has been having problems too she goes to the bathroom on the floor and she wont eat  a lot it might just be because the cat that you own is unhealthy my cat is just really old she has been around for 18 years she also sneezes all of the time !!!!