I Have A Dying Kitten With Worms. Please Give Me All The Advices You Got :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I give him olive oil, thanks, I didnt know he can have it more often. I was afraid that too much would do him harm only. The pills dont have a bottle, they are just in a plastic bag without a label. I am gonna feed him a bit again.
I ended up giving one of my 11 day old kittens a couple of drops every 3 hours for 20 hours until she finally went. So a few more doses won't hurt him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Felinediablox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It may not matter anymore.. It is 11 pm and I think he will not survive this night. He has trouble breathing, he barely moves, barely opens its mouth, his heart is racing. I managed to make him swallow a little bit a food and a few drops of water..

Felinediablox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nobody will wake up at 11pm for a cat here.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
F Felinediablox

Is there no emergency vet in your area?

Give unflavored Pedialyte. If you have none, honey or sugar water will help - 1 dropper per hour.

I wish you knew what medicine the vet gave. Always ask.

In the future, never feed a kitten cow's milk. They cannot digest the lactose, and it causes tummy upset and diarrhea.

I hope your kitten pulls through.

Last edited:

Felinediablox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Diarrhea was the vets intention, hoping that it would make him poo SOMETHING. I need a break. Im feeding him again in an hour.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you tell us where you are located, we may be able to help you find a vet. Keep trying.

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope this kitten is still hanging on, and that you can get him to a vet in the morning.
The only other thing I can think of is to use a tiny sliver of a laxative suppository for babies. That might help him poop.

Felinediablox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is no use. I tried the honey and sugar thing and feeding him every hour.. but the poor guy was so weak, he could not even move his head anymore, he was losing energy so fast. He passed away after a few hours, around 3 AM.

tiffr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. You gave this guy the best chance he had. At least he was loved and cared for in his last moments.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He probably got a stop in his intestines - perhaps by lotsa of worms, perhaps he had unluck to swallow something while playing and tasting everything... yes, its life threatening.

If I was the vet, I would try with liquid paraffine, a very potent loosener of constipation. Combine this with pedialyte or honey water, aplenty.
The cow milk is an interesting trick to provoke diarrehea, works sometimes, but the problem is they get weaker from this...

Im deep sorry for the outcome. You did your best, you loved him. He knew.

RIP little guy Severus.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so, so sorry to read this. :( You did everything you could and you've given him love during this awful time.

Play happy over The Bridge little Severus. :rbheart:

Per TCS policy; I am closing this thread for replies now. :sniffle:

Status
Not open for further replies.