I Had A Scare Tonight - Correct Number For Free Poison Control Information

SwissMiss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I dropped one of my pills tonight when I was taking my medication. I tore apart my kitchen looking for it with no luck. I remembered there was a number to call for free poison control information listed on The Cat Site. I called the number which was busy and disconnected me. So I tried looking up the name of the university and got the correct phone number. The name of the place is: Kansas State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital 1-785-532-5690. Jasmine didn't eat the pill and if she finds it I doubt she would but they put my mind at ease that it wouldn't be toxic to her.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I remembered there was a number to call for free poison control information listed on The Cat Site.
Here it is :- Poisonous Household Products

Can you use a vacuum and vacuum up the place? Floor and table/counter tops where the pills can roll under? Did you check your jammies pockets?

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Under the edges of the carpet if it isn't glued down, along the edges if it is. Pills can roll anywhere. Under the stove - if electric you might want to take the drawer out to look there. It's hard to see with the flashlight and your face on the floor. Take your time, let your eyes adjust to the strange position.

If you were wearing shoes look at the bottoms, pills can get stuck in them. Also shake out your clothes and look around where you changed clothes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SwissMiss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Success I found the pill! I pulled out the bottom broiler drawer of my stove and it was under there on the floor way in the back. I don't know how these pills bounce like this.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some microchip companies offer poison control as part of your annual registration, if you do that. I know that because I had to call when my kitten ate one of my pills. We decided to keep our annual membership for a couple of years simply because of him and his foraging ways.