I feel sick to my stomach

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Orangez- I merged your thread in with the others one dealing with this horrible situation.

goblin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I watch the Daniel Pearl video. My father is a Pathologist so I am used to dealing with death. I didn't cry. I am crying now. There is something seriously wrong with the Israelis, very serious. I live in a very backward County in Northern Arizona, redneck capital of the world. If you have two brain cells to rub together you are considered a genius. This would never happen here. You can't even posion coyotes and I live in ranching country, and that has been on the books since at least 1969.

We not only deal with rabies here we also have case of Bubonic Plague and still we don't use poison.

The cold hard brutal truth is that Israel is really a Third World County. NO OTHER FIRST WORLD country has been given over a Trillion dollars by the U.S. With out the U.S, Israel wouldn't survive. What is wrong with Israel?????

Goblin

orangezmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok to me this whole thing is stupid because first of all the person with the DARN camera could at least stop and help the poor little thing instead of video taping its suffering for 2 minutes!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The video was made to get the word out about what is happening there. The cat couldn't be helped because what they are using there is no antidote.

Do not condemn a whole country of people for the actions of a few. The United States has that happen quite often and look at the result of that misguided thinking that something is wrong with the entire country because of what a few people in power decide to do. If you are angry than do something. Write to newspapers, your congressman, someone. If the video has spurred you into this type of emotion, the cameraman has done his job and the cat did not die for nothing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Just wanted to add that in instances where volunteers of animal welfare organizations tried to interfere they have been arrested and prosecuted, so it was not even possible to take the cat and put him to sleep humanely.

Goblin, like I PM'd you - please do write your representative about it. I am not going to defend my country's actions regarding this issue - no way! I do disagree with some of your general statements regarding Israel, but this is not the forum for this. If you wish to start a debate on the Israeli-US relations, or anything else generally related to Israel, you're welcome to do so in the IMO forum.

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to mention that the law that allows for that is a law of the British mandate after 1919 and before 1948 (I presume it was made by the British governor), so I guess we can't even totally blame the Israeli parliament for anything other than being negligent.

We cannot blame an entire country for something. We have had such things in the U.S. until shortly ago.

The best way to help, is to sign those petitions. The only people who can change that law would be the Israeli parliament and the Israeli Prime Minister. Such may be able to convince them. Signatures from all over the world help even more as they see "We are getting quite a bad reputation with the animal community abroad".

9katz1poodle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I dont want to see, don't want to know details but I have an idea of what yall are talking about. I will say keep in mind many shelters here in the US continue to use GAS on unwanted dogs and cats
That's no pretty death.