I feel sick to my stomach

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I knew it would make me feel bad. And even softened by subtitles and editing, it is still one of the worst things I have ever seen in my life.

http://www.cats.org.il/eng/

I am torn between warning you people against watching it and urging you to watch it so you too will be witnesses to the crime. Please do visit the link - it's not a direct link to the video, only a link to the page that has the video on it. It's too much even for me to describe it. It's guaranteed to break your heart - hopefully it will also make you act, sign the petition and maybe get more people to do so.

I am so sorry I have to post it. Poor kitty - may you rest in peace in your new home over the bridge...

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't bring myself to watch it, I know it would kill me. It is so hard to beleave people can kill another living feeling animal

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I clicked on your link last night Anne. I will describe the events of the video clip, and I promise, not graphically. Simply what happenned.

I watched the video and it made me feel a rage beyond description. I couldn't believe the method used to end the life of the cat in the video. It's two minutes of time firmly imprinted in my mind.

The method used is barbaric. It's not a beating, it's not setting the cat on fire, it's not drowning, it's not suffocation. It is a poison that delivers a slow and torturous death.

The video clip names the poison used is alphachlorolose, a chemical banned for such use in all modern countries. The death sequence lasts for many hours. In the video, six children from a nearby school witnessed the death of this particular cat. After this cat died, it was placed in a plastic bag to be taken away to be disposed of. There was no dignity in death for this cat.

Chemicals Poisonous to Cats Click on Alphachlorolose for a short list of description of what it does to a cat. No graphic photos, simply text.

Here is a link to some information of what is occuring in Israel. There are no graphic photos or videos, just the cold hard truth.

http://www.cats.org.il/eng/dana_poison1.html

I signed the petition. I hope many others do as well.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have signed the petition as well and urge others to do so. Perhaps countries banding together in a unified love can stop the atrociites occurring right now in Israel........

willowsmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is just HORRIABLE!!!! I signed the petition. And sent it out in email to all my friends and family. Hopefully something will be done for these poor kitties.

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I signed the petition before I just watched this and all I can say is I am sick over how this government is treating cats , a fine lesson they are teaching to those children who were also in the clip

himmymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I really could not watch the video...but i did sign the petition..

Lorien

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't bring myself to watch that horrorible video. I Did however sign the petition! Just seeing the link to the video made me ill. I can't believe that they would poison a cat in FRONT of children! I wonder what those kids think of animals now? Poor cat AND poor kids, needless suffering for both!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't watch the video or look at the images.

I signed the petition also.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you for your help everyone - and thank you Heidi for that wonderful banner!

I am so sorry for each one of us who has to watch that horrendous video clip. It really is something no animal lover should ever have to see. More importantly, it's something no cat should ever go through! I knew about the situation for a long time now, but only when I saw the video did it finally sink in - how much pain and misery are involved.