I don't know what's going on but Im getting scared... 2 other cats sick

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Agreed - that's why I reported what was going on to the company in the beginning as I thought... if there are other reports - they need to know. The response was so wishy washy st best. It was "Have you tried giving it to them another way." I re-explained things to them and no response.

I'll be sending another one today and if it's still wishy washy I'll be informing the VOC since the product ids VOC approved.

I checked the fountains. No sign of a build up... and to be really safe I replaced the pumps as you can't see inside them well enough to be 100% sure.

When I did my test, I put a small amount mixed in their food. I no longer use it in the fountains w/ the additive since the start of this. :-)

Maybe I'm wrong to do this???... but any dry food is stored in large, very clean and dry mason jar glass containers, away from direct or even indirect sunlight, after the bag is opened. The area it's in doesn't fluctuate temperatures much and the wet cats are stored in the same area.

Should I do something different?

Not sure how controlled I have things some days to be honest but thank you. I try hard.
I'm not sure why but they say to keep in the bag as the bag helps to keep it fresh, but if there's no plastic in your jars, it shouldn't scratch and hide bacteria. I'm not a scientist though!

We're all just doing our best ❣

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure why but they say to keep in the bag as the bag helps to keep it fresh, but if there's no plastic in your jars, it shouldn't scratch and hide bacteria. I'm not a scientist though!

We're all just doing our best ❣
I've noticed the bags are lined... it probably serves a purpose. I'll put their next dry bag in one of the buckets I have that is food grade plastic, (inside the manufacturers bag of course) and see if that makes a difference.

I've read on here that some people store open bags in the fridge?

XOXOX yes, we are all doing our best. XOXO

Niclovesblueforever

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are expensive, but if a member of Sam's, keep checking back for them, because they are a lot cheaper there. I keep mine i side, but I head read about people keeping them outside , or in the garage, and squirrels and rats chewing through them.