I could wait until he's older but does this look like a Blue Golden to you??

Persiankittens

Snowheart Persians
Young Cat
Purraise
First off, apologies on the dirty blanket, my queen just had her litter, and I wait a few days before laying fresh blankets down.

This is the first time I'm seeing these colors!

Used my new stud for the first time and he surprised me. Last litter my himie had was tabby, white, lynx point, black and Himalayan; she was paired with a white Tom.

A Silver Chinchilla × Seal Point Himie pairing created a batch of shaded golden, blue tabby, shaded silver ... and a blue golden?

Seal Point Himalayan (queen) parents:

Mom - Blue Tabby
Dad - Silver Chinchilla

Grandparents for mom:
Himalayan and dilute calico then a scattering of himies and various colors past that. Will have to check pedigree.

Grandparents for dad:
Silver and gold only on dads side for 5 gen

Silver Chinchilla (tom):
Mom - Silver Chinchilla
Dad - Golden Chinchilla

Granparents:
Silver and goldens for 5 gen (plus a scattering of Blue Golden in his genetics I believe; will have to check pedigree again!)

Not sure if Blue Golden runs in Seal Points genes from her silver dad's side.

Sorry if that doesn't read easily. I tried making it as simple as possible without jumbling the info!

Am I seeing this right? Is he a Blue Golden?

Apologies for poor quality pics, he's still so little I won't be handling them for anything but weights for 1-2 more weeks.

Naturally, I'll figure it out once he grows into his coat but would love some input if anyone here breeds blue goldens because the suspense is killing me 😭

Attachments

mx4878

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Persiankittens

Snowheart Persians
Young Cat
Purraise

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Only time will tell for certain, but looks like a blue silver to me.