Millasha Fuller

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_0337.PNG
IMG_0327.JPG
IMG_0329.JPG
IMG_0336.JPG
I found this girl releasing this little kitty the park and I couldn't help but take her home to keep her safe. She was friendly, clean, and well groomed and she couldn't be more than 1-2 weeks old. She was shy at first but she grew increasingly playful and talkative since she's been living with me. She even took a liking to my baby brother.
The thing is I don't know what breed she is. All I can tell is that she's a blue breed. Some of her characteristics is that of a Russian Blue: playful and sometimes aggressive when she's comfortable with you, chatty when she's hungry or wants to play, she keeps herself well-groomed, she doesn't shed, she has a thin long torso, she has a double coat -short light thick fluffy with medium dark gray silky strands that turn metallic silver in the light- and a face and ear/head shape of a Russian Blue; yet she has characteristics like a Korat: I believe her to be hypoallergenic, because my mom is allergic to cats but she doesn't have any reactions, she has the profile of a korat, her legs are sort of stumpy, she also has a tail like one and even a white spot on her hind paw. The part that confuses me most about her is her eyes, they're blue-gray and round. That's why I really can't tell what breed she is.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is young her characteristics arent yet fully developed including the eye color. But prob a domestic. Whom would dump a purebred?

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have trouble identifying Korats and Russian blues, but it seems doubtful she's either. Short of a DNA test, you'll never know what kind of influence she might have. I don't know why someone would dump a purebred cat though. Even if they don't care about the cat, they would probably want the money. So, chances are, she's a mix of breeds that happens to share similarities with a coup specific breeds.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I think she's probably a blue Domestic Shorthair, which could also be called a Maltese cat. She has some ghost tabby markings, which might disappear as she gets older, or they might stay, we'll just have to wait and see. I think it's also possible that her coloring is what is called smoke. Is the bottom half of her hair white?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Millasha Fuller

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think she's probably a blue Domestic Shorthair, which could also be called a Maltese cat. She has some ghost tabby markings, which might disappear as she gets older, or they might stay, we'll just have to wait and see. I think it's also possible that her coloring is what is called smoke. Is the bottom half of her hair white?
It's not completely white just a single white fur spot on a her hind paws.

Millasha Fuller

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh I'm sorry I misread the comment. And yeah it is white while the longer strands are dark gray and silver in the light

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry I wasn't clearer, that's my bad. I meant that if you part her fur (like when you part your hair) are the bottom of the hairs on her blue areas white?

Millasha Fuller

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry I wasn't clearer, that's my bad. I meant that if you par
IMG_0339.JPG
t her fur (like when you part your hair) are the bottom of the hairs on her blue areas white?
Yeah its like dense shiny white fur

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm... then I think she might be a smoke Domestic Shorthair then. Smoke cats have the bottom half of the hair shaft white and the top part black (or sometimes blue).

Wags

My Niki
Adult Cat
Purraise
A beautiful kitten - here is something I have posted perviously. My Niki is a 6 month RB and you can see her profile on some of my photos - the link at the bottom of my post is quite helpful. Yours is still a little young for eye colour ( as per above) but paws and nose profile should be evident.
Russian Blues
Physically the Russian Blue is a slim and graceful cat with long, fine legs and a long but proportional tail. They have short, very dense distinctive velvety fur and are uniform blue-grey tipped with silver. The silver tips reflect light making the coat shimmer. Kittens may have faint ghost striping particularly on the tail which should disappear by the time they are 12 months or so. Paw pads are mauve colored instead of the usual grey pads. The eyes are vibrant green and spaced wide on the face (may not be born with green eyes, but they should settle by around 4 to 5 months). The head is known as a medium wedge shape - with a blunt muzzle, flat nose and head with large, wide-based ears.
My Niki is Australian and is the English type.
The typology of the breed:
English type (standard GCCF). Stronger body structure, closer set ears and a moderately active temperament.
American type (standard TICA / CFA). Very small and slender, with a clear silver coat. Very widely set ears and round, big eyes. The least shy
European type (standard FIFe). Harmonious silhouette, medium sized ears - large but not placed on the sides of the head. Almond-shaped eyes. Medium blue colour. Character described as intermediate between the above.

Here is a link comparing three blue breeds
The Blue Breeds: The Chartreux, The Korat & The Russian Blue