I brought my cat to my mom’s house just to learn she’s infested with fleas

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No your not doomed forever. Just spray the soft furnishings eg mattress, carpets, sofas. Wash any cat beds or soft blankets they've slept on. You shouldn't need to wash all your clothes. Once both cat's have been done you'll have 2 little flea bombs walking around your house. ;) vacuuming will take care of the rest. A good enzyme cleaner will help to stop the cat that has been spraying not go back again.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree you do not need to wash all your clothes. Just vacuum, wash linens, and spray. I’ve had 2 awful flea infestations over the course of my adult life and owning cats. I did the routine of flea meds on the neck, washing linens and cat beds or blankets, vacuuming, and spraying — 2 times, ten days apart each time — and was flea-free for a decade before it happened again when I took in new cats.

Hang in there! It will get better!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gemmamiso

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok!! Thank you all so much! Hearing your experiences is really helping me to calm down. My partner got the flea medication on Sammy yesterday, and I’m excited to see if he stops itching. Do you think it’s necessary to apply a second month of the medicine on them when the time comes? Or this single dose should be ok?