I actually cried because I had to leave my cat for the weekend

wafflesnomnom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just didn't think this would actually happen, but I got so attached to my cat that the idea of leaving him for 2 days actually made me cry. Like legit cry. I put out a lot of food and water for him, got him extra litter boxes, even put on relaxing cat music videos for on a playlist for the entire weekend that I'll be gone, but I still miss him like crazy. I don't know when I transitioned from someone who never had a cat and always wanted one to this crazy cat lady that cries like a mother leaving her kid to kindergarten or something for the first time. It's not even the first weekend I've left him. Does anyone else relate? I feel like I'm crazy but he's my baby and we spend almost every waking minute together and I just want to hold his cute furry little feet and rub his cute furry face :(

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
you're not alone. i had to leave my cat before. the first two times she was completely alone and i was always worried if i left enough food and water. the first time was the day after she got spayed. i didnt want to leave but it was a family emergency. i was so worried about her recovering process. the third time my sister stayed so i would always message her asking how my baby was doing lol. the best part is when you come back they miss you like crazy! 

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get a pet camera! You'll love being able to look in on your baby. And no, you are far from alone in feeling this way!

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can totally relate! I left my cat alone for the first time over a long weekend and I had someone come feed her twice a day, but I was still really worried about her and I missed her like crazy. And when I came back she was like, "What? Were you gone?"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wafflesnomnom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I can totally relate! I left my cat alone for the first time over a long weekend and I had someone come feed her twice a day, but I was still really worried about her and I missed her like crazy. And when I came back she was like, "What? Were you gone?"
LOL "were you gone"

I keep picturing him meowing wondering why I'm not home, or I picture him wandering the empty house looking for me, or I picture him playing with his toys wondering when I'll be there to play with him. Does he sleep on my pillow cuz it smells like me? Does he try to nap until I'm home? Is he having the time of his life because I'm not there to scold him for being on the counters? I am literally tearing up typing this. :( 

mingking

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The first time I had to leave Ming was on a camping trip for 3 days. My family stayed of course and my mom texted me a couple times, telling me my cat misses me. 

When I got that message, I immediately thought, "TAKE ME HOOOME!!!" 

During the ride home, I kept dreaming about how my cat would welcome me home. I was so excited. I thought maybe I'd get a meow or a leg rub or maybe him running down the stairs to greet me.

So I came home... and the little guy was too busy chasing a spider to even care!!!
 Haha! Sometimes, it's us that probably miss them more than they do.  

caitini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh I'm totally the same way, every time I have to leave my boys overnight I look through my entire photo gallery of them on my smartphone before I go to sleep :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wafflesnomnom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I came home and after a lot of fussing over him, he flopped down on the table and I stood there petting him, and he got up and kind of pushed his whole body against mine and just stayed there as if he was saying 'mommy don't leave me ever again'. He's da best :3 

r-kins

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend and I went out of town for a week and I kept worrying about the cat. We're back and he told me I talked about the cat the whole vacation and he's irritated about it. ...shouldn't take me away from the cat, should you? If you'll excuse me, I'm at work and have an album of cat photos to scroll through.