How're things going with my raw-feeding friends?

koobe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy

Hey, guys!

Koobe - I thoroughly enjoyed talking to you the other day!
Everything still moving along well with Panther and Cheetah? Are you still feeding chicken as a single meat source for Cheetah? Hmm, did you say you were going to do that for a month? How far along are you and is it still working?

And speaking of going back to school, the Feline Nutrition Education Society has created a non-profit FNES Foundation that will, among other actions, establish a formal feline nutrition certification program. Guess who intends to be the very first student???????!!!!

I'm so excited about it, I can hardly stand myself. Finally, a feline nutritional program based on SCIENCE, not money.
Hello Auntie Crazy,
YUP! It was great talking to you the other day. I am so glad that we got to talk something other than cats too.

And yes, I am still giving them (Cheetah and Panther) the same chicken formula (commercial raw) since 5th Aug. They are doing well, they slowed down the eating 2 days ago, but it picking back up these days.

They finished up 2 of the 4 tubs I bought in 10 days (2.5 lbs each tub), so I am going to give them the same thing until I finish all the tubs I bought. Then the order I put in from a local co-op should be ready to pick up. I will do turkey for the next round.

The feline nutritional program sounds fun.
Sharky, can you let us know the 3 programs you had in mind? We can do a comparison.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by furryfriends50

...He has to have a differant menu than the rest of mine because he won't eat certain meats. He also eats twice the amount of raw than any of the otehr cats. Other than that - and the slight bone issue - he is doing really well!

When I got him (late March 2010) he had the energy of a 15 year old cat; okay so he is a 15 year old cat. But now I go on 1-2 mile walks with him everyday which he loves! He has nearly doubled his wieght since I got him as well...which is a good thing because he was very skinny.
That's great to hear, FurryFriends! (By the way, did I ever tell you I really like your name?
)

Ref. his weight and energy - I was talking to someone online the other day about the crazy jump in energy and health all newly raw-fed cats seem to exhibit. It's never, "I think they're doing better on raw."; it's always, "Wow, I had no idea how much better they COULD be doing!"

I think this may be part of the reason so many raw-fed proponents feel such passionate zeal for raw-feeding. Until you've seen the benefits, it's easy to scoff at (especially since it's such a scary topic for so many), but once you have seen those benefits, there's no going back.... and no way to deny how poorly - in comparison - they were doing before (even when we want to).

Originally Posted by koobe

Hello Auntie Crazy,
YUP! It was great talking to you the other day. I am so glad that we got to talk something other than cats too.
Yes, indeed. God's been bringing me all lot of Christian friends lately, and from the most unexpected places. I've had a handful of fellow students FB friend me and half of them turned out to be Christians... and then I bought a book called "Best Friends Forever: Me and My Cat: What I've Learned About Life, Love, and Faith From My Cat" by Patricia R. Mitchell. I thought is was just a book about cats, but it was definitely far more. Darn thing made me cry. I get the feeling He's got something He wants me to start doing and He's getting a mite impatient with me.

Originally Posted by koobe

And yes, I am still giving them (Cheetah and Panther) the same chicken formula (commercial raw) since 5th Aug. They are doing well, they slowed down the eating 2 days ago, but it picking back up these days.

They finished up 2 of the 4 tubs I bought in 10 days (2.5 lbs each tub), so I am going to give them the same thing until I finish all the tubs I bought. Then the order I put in from a local co-op should be ready to pick up. I will do turkey for the next round....
Oh, your poor deprived kitties!!!!