How to tell if she's a purebred Ragdoll?

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's OK. Her litterbox habits aren't super :/. Probably due to being de-clawed. And she still beats up the other cats :lol3:. But she's doing fine.
Oh wow never heard of a ragdoll beating up other cats. She is one fierce floppycat

amanda obryant

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I breed TICA registered Ragdolls and she definitely resembles a pet quality seal bi color. Very Pretty cat! Ragdolls are best know for their personality. However earlier socialization in kitten hood is crucial for this breed. If a breeder is not doing this the Kitten will not have the Ragdoll personality. Also Ragdolls are naturally trusting and loyal, but if mis treated in any way they will quickly become scared of humans and even other cats, especially if they have been bullied by another cat. She definitely needs a human that will shower her with love and loyal companionship. If she reserves this she will act more like a Ragdoll. Also they are know for their flop. This is when they are laied on their back completely relaxed. If she starts to do this, you know with out a doubt you have earned her trust. Good luck with her! She is a beauty! 

hmiwb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I believe that you folks have finally helped us identify our "Missy". Blue eyes, white chin, white boots and gloves and multicolored long fur. We got her free from a couple who couldn't keep her because they were supposedly merging their two households together. She rode home on my girlfriend's lap and seemed quite docile, but once she was home and settled in she became very defensive and even aggressive towards us. She would bite and scratch without warning. Eventually we realized that she had likely been abused and was afraid of us.  We started not reacting to her aggressive moves. This worked and she has finally become a very sweet and loving cat that sleeps with us every night. It just took a year or so of working to make her feel safe with us.   :-)  She is still very much the queen of the house and the other cats give her a wide berth. Just yesterday I accidentally stepped on the tail of one of our older male cats. He yelped and made a swiping motion towards me out of reflex I suppose, since he didn't connect. Missy saw this from across the room and ran up to him, smacked him with a right hook that brought the poor guy to his knees. I couldn't believe it but I think she was trying to protect me. These creatures never cease to amaze me.