How To Teach Tassee Christmas Tree Isnt A Toy

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
how do i keep her away from our christmas tree we dont have it up yet because we know she will wreck it even though she never seen it she is very playful my mom is afraid of putting it up she is pretty wild with toys we also have a problem every once in a while both me and mom have to nebulizer treatments the machine is kind of loud it really freaks her out we have to use this about a month someone please help happy holidays to everyone and to all the kiddies also

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
Put your tree up in its location but dont decorate it at all for a few weeks. Let the cat check it out and after two weeks or so they will get all the curiosity out of them and they won't care about it any more.

Then add the lights, wait a few days, then add the ornaments. If you do it gradually, especially in the beginning I think it helps them to eventually igore it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she is getting used to the nebulizer machine

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL good luck! Get a big tree, wait until they are full grown so they can't climb it, secure it to a heavy heavy tree stand .... fill free to add bricks in wrapped boxes around the base if your cat is that wild ... decorate the bottom 3 feet of the tree with paper ornaments or plastic ones. Personally I'm fond of weaving paper hearts out of construction paper on one side & wrapping paper on the other. Aunt Annie's Crafts: Woven Paper Heart Valentine Baskets

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my mom doesnt trust her her nick name is psyco thats the way she behaves

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
we never did a tree this yr ever since my dad got sick on Christmas eve in2001 and died from kidney failer four days later she really hasn't been decorating that much tassee is really goes nuts with toys