How To Sex Kittens

GinnyWeasley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We got two kittens this week. 1 is a rag doll mix and one is short hair. Both Siamese. They said one was a boy and I think it’s a girl. Both around 2 months. Not litter mates. Help

4FA789BD-29B5-41D0-B4F4-9C130C741773.jpeg 97ECD631-C56A-42B3-AAD9-17053FDA6979.jpeg !!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The one on the left MAY be a boy, the one on the right a girl. It is VERY hard to sex kittens at a young age. It looks liek the beginnings of a scrotum, but above a slit, when it should be a round hole. It could be the hormones from birthing/nursing are still present, making it a little swollen. I guess all you can do is give him/her a gender neutral name, or wait a few weeks!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both girls. I'm sure.

The first pic is very close-up, and I'm pretty sure those bulges are the anal glands. If the picture isn't so close-up, they aren't as noticeable.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Willowy on the sexes.
1 is a rag doll mix and one is short hair. Both Siamese.
If you post some other pictures of your kittens, we can help you be more precise with your descriptions (besides, everyone likes to see pictures of kittens :) )

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GinnyWeasley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are not litter mates but from the same place. We had to catch the long hair one and she’s slowly changing color

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just guessing here, but the last time I also guessed with the help of people here of course is with my Graham. And I was right. :)

The one on the left looks like a boy. And I see a girl on the right. Congratulations!

Let us know soon if we guessed right? :hyper:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would describe your cats as a blue point domestic shorthair, and a seal point domestic longhair. Thank you for posting their photos, they are very cute! :)

"Siamese" is a pedigreed breed, not a color description. Although the colorpoint gene originally came from the Siamese, breed many generations ago, at this point it is widespread in the domestic cat gene pool, and doesn't indicate recent Siamese ancestry. "Ragdoll" is also a pedigreed breed, and doesn't just refer to any longhaired pointed cat. I'm not really seeing Ragdoll resemblance in your longhaired kitten, as that is a more massive breed. Most cats are not any particular breed.