How to respond without quoting and taking up so much real estate

juntjoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Every time I wasn't to reply to someone's comment I only have the option to quote them. I'd like to at times just reply so that they are notified that I replied but without having to quote them as it takes up a lot of page space when replying to numerous replies to a thread I've created. Thanks!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When you put your post in the box at the bottom of the page that has "reply" above it, it will send them an email that you replied to the thread but you can also do this if you are speaking to someone directly. @juntjoo

This will send you an email letting you know that I mentioned you in a post. It's basically how you page someone to a thread. just hit the @ symbol and then the first few letters of their user name. You should see a dropdown come up with user names that are similar and you click on the one you want. 

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The quotes can be edited, too. Perhaps you only want to reply to one sentence in a long quote. When you hit the quote button, and the whole post drops into the Reply box, you can delete what you don't want. I agree with you about this - some long posts are repeated over and over.