How To Portion Out 12.5 Oz Can Of Wet Food?

_spadekitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all,

So, I recently bought my cat a case of the wellness beef and salmon 12.5 oz cans. I'm just not sure how to properly scoop it out so he's not getting too much or too little. I've been trying to eye ball whatever looks like about 3 oz to me, and even got a used 3 oz can and portioned the food into it, but if theres an easier way please share.

He got too much this morning (I figured it was too much but was scared he'd be hungry) and he threw up a little around 12. He didn't devour his dinner tonight so I'm guessing his stomach is still a little upset. I of course want to prevent this. I also wanna make sure I only use half a can a day so he has enough for the next day without my cracking open a 3 oz can to supplement.

He gets half a can a day, three meals a day.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1/8 cup measurement is 1 oz.
I'm assuming you don't have a scale so that's what I'd work with. Most measuring cups don't go down that low so I ordered a set off Amazon that went to 1/8 when I used to feed dry at 5/8 cup per day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

_spadekitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
1/8 cup measurement is 1 oz.
I'm assuming you don't have a scale so that's what I'd work with. Most measuring cups don't go down that low so I ordered a set off Amazon that went to 1/8 when I used to feed dry at 5/8 cup per day.
Okay, thanks! I think I do have one for a 1/8 cup, I bought a few measuring cups for my rabbit.