How To Know If She'd Like A Second Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JGombs99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
with my guys they do get the zoomies and chase each other around the house, but not as much as they did as kittens. few times a week they all get the crazies and go for it. we sit and watch, and laugh, they are so funny. As they get older mine are all 3 to7 or so now, they do calm down with most things. But they still have crazies now and again, just not constant like young cats.

i do the 5 boxes, we have room, and i dont have to worry so much about the scooping on time this way. :) I scoop 2 or 3 times a day, but with 4 cats...lol...... With two cats you could most likely get by with one big box, i do like uncovered boxes and i think cats do too. You will just need to keep up with the scooping at least twice a day.

For wet meals, i feed two per day, and i give each cat a 3 oz can of something. some eat it all, some don't. I do have a separate area in the dinning room that i put a plate for each, they are together, but everyone gets their own plate. With Dry food i put out two plates, about what i think they will eat in a 24 hour period. With only two cats i would most likely just do one plate of dry for the day.

Cats tend to stress over resources.... litter boxes, food, water, toys, perches, toys, their humans. As long as you have enough so that they dont feel they will run out of food, water, clean litter box space you should be fine. Some cats are more stressful about this than others... i have seen my boys get in the same box at the same time :) the girls would never...lol. I think often cats that dont get along, or fight, its because in the wild there is a chance they will run out of resources that they need, so they try to drive others away. Same thing indoors, so to reduce friction between our cats we make sure there is always more than enough for everyone. they know that and dont stress :)
Thanks so much! I'm glad to know the litterbox thing shouldn't be a huge issue as long as I keep up with scooping! I'll just have to figure the feeding thing out, but I know a lot of that will depend on how well they get along, and share.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JGombs99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, and I meant to mention the crazies, too. I wouldn't mind two kitties running and playing so much. It's the getting into stuff, the disturbing of the house decor that gets me. I suppose that's the stuff that I'm curious about being balanced out or multiplied. Two cats playing and tiring each other out is never a bad thing!