How To Get Rid Of An Aggressive Cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry, but I have to very respectfully disagree with the suggestion to trap and euthanize him.
As I said above, this road will prove to be infeasible due to our legislation :)

If you're unable to get him neutered, just let him be. Toms rarely stay in the same place for long, he will likely move on in a few weeks.
This cat comes from a house at the beginning of the road where a neighbor let her few cats become many.
This is his neighborhood, he won't go away any soon :(

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have friends that rescue and get them fostered and adopted. Find out what rescues are around you and contact them. Take pics of him and post it. In Houston we have sanctuaries. Maybe you have something like that. If he is coming for food it is possible he can be fostered and adopted
This is a very aggressive cat, I don't think he will ever have the chance to be adopted.
He uses his weapons too easily and often.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
In my area the town council is obliged by the law to neuter all feral cats that are taken to their attention, provided that the feral cats are forming a feline colony and that this colony has been verified by an authority.
There's someone else who is feeding them in a different location
If the council will cover the cost of neutering is it possible to get together with other feral cat care takers and put some shelters somewhere else?

If you're all working together to feed the cats you might be able to come up with a suitable location if you talk to each other.

Shelters can be quite cheaply made, there are lots of good ideas on YouTube for how to make warm shelters.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't have the cat PTS though. I know you'd never be able to forgive yourself, you're too empathetic towards animals to do anything like that.
This can't happen, I and the vet could be reported to the police if we do such a thing. Let alone my conscience!
Probably I wouldn't end up in jail, but the vet would easily lose his license.

Is it possible to bring you two favourite ferals indoors? Or to make your yard enclosed so that other cats can't get in?
Getting him TNR'd will help a lot, as others have said. I really like JCatbird's idea about putting one shelter on top of the other too.
Unfortunately none of the above is doable.
The young male has been inside a few times, but keeps looking the way to get out.
The female is too scared to come close to the door. A month ago I had taken her to the vet for a visit, she pooped herself so I had to take her to a pet groomer before going back home. She let the pet groomer bathe her and dry her. Once home I tried to keep her inside, but she started howling and as soon as she had the chance, she darted outside. She has lost part of her trust in me since that day.

I can't make the yard cat-proof.
And I can't upgrade the cat house.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the council will cover the cost of neutering is it possible to get together with other feral cat care takers and put some shelters somewhere else?
If you're all working together to feed the cats you might be able to come up with a suitable location if you talk to each other.
Due to how the layout of the houses is over here, my shelter is the only possible at the moment, because I'm also the only one who is willing to take care of feral cats.
Other yards could be possible locations, but other neighbors do not love cats, and a couple of them have dogs (yards are fenced).
The only other person who is taking care of those cats lives in an apartment nearby. She has already set up a place for food in an out of sight spot, she will be unable to build any kind of shelter without incurring the wrath of her neighbors!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a very aggressive cat, I don't think he will ever have the chance to be adopted.
He uses his weapons too easily and often.
I'm guessing he needs to be indoors with no other pets. My neighbor let's her cat out every day. Her cat hates other cats. He will be very aggressive. Chases the other cat,corners, and tries to fight while the cat is cowering in the corner with her/his ears back, gets away and her cat continues to chase her
To humans her cat is very sweet. Comes over to whoever and let's them rub his belly

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I am considering getting one of those expensive things to keep cats away. He comes to my apt,hits his paws on the window,and hisses and growls loud. Scares my cats bad and me. Rarely have strays but if we do, my porch is the most quiet in the whole complex so maybe not. Though since they put in the dog park in front of me it is no longer quiet.

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a similar situation last summer. My resident feral tortie Mama Kitty, who I spent two years making friends with, suddenly had to sneak into the yard just to eat and it was breaking my heart. One time I didn’t see her for three days.

I TNR’d the bully, then started feeding him on the front porch, where he had taken over, and fed the other two in the back where I also put up some new shade and shelter for the winter. Slowly they started coexisting. There was a time when I couldn’t lay my head down at night without expecting to hear a fight. It was a horrible summer. Now they all share the front porch when it rains and they all eat there now as well. The bully has turned out to be a very sweet cat. He’s a homeless stray who loves his lap time. Here’s a photo of him hanging out with Mama Kitty. I call him Osker now.

864415E7-059E-40DF-B20B-5DD6D3172A3C.jpeg

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to review my agenda on trapping the intruder(s). They are two, at the moment.
I had been watching them for a few days, and they only come when it's dark, namely way after sunset, till early in the morning.
I rarely see them during the day.

This doesn't change the fact the semi-ferals are scared all day long.
But it does change the way and the time I can trap them.