How to get rid of a cat, for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Luckily he blanked the other cat, didn't notice.

So you think that I don't want my cats to go though this, I am a bad owner?

My cats are happy, trained well, and fully healthy. I take them to the vet if one sneezes.

I have had a word with our vet, and they seem happy with my decision, so why can't you?

The other cat only came in due to it raining, as soon as it stopped, it left.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Because, we see the results of people like you who refuse to neuter, in the millions of cats in shelters, starving in the streets, frozen, abused, euthanized.

As for your vet allegedly being "okay with it", I certainly would not trust the health of my cats to a vet with such ideas as that.

I'm beginning to think this is a wind up. enough already.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I see the results of people like you, who refuse to neuter their cats, every time I walk outside my house! I feed sometimes, fifteen cats a night that don't have homes. You know why they don't have homes? Because of the pet overpopulation, which you are contributing to.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

I'm beginning to think this is a wind up. enough already.
You're probably right, even if it's not, I'm done with this person. Hope someone else might get through to him.

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
According to our pet pound, its dogs not cats.

Please don't treat me like I am stupid, I know what I am doing.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gaogier

According to our pet pound, its dogs not cats.

Please don't treat me like I am stupid, I know what I am doing.
Are you saying that your local shelter has more dogs than cats? That would be interesting. I don't think anyone is treating you like you are stupid, but I'm starting to get a "troll" vibe from you too. It's hard to believe that not only you, but also your vet, believes that not having male cats neutered is a good thing.

I really hope this IS a wind-up and that there aren't unaltered male cats roaming your neighborhood.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ms cat love

I could not imagine having un-neutered male cats in my house.. pew-weeeeee
<snicker>

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its simple really, the drive is over 1hour to the vets.
Our cats hate the long drive.
Thats why we only take them when its life or death, thats why we take them when they sneeze, when our cat got his tail dislocated, ect.

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neutering is an extremely simple, and necessary, procedure in male cats. Period. This really does appear to be a wind up by this person. No vet would recommend leaving a male cat intact, sorry. But just in there is someone reading this to actually learn something, here's my experience.

I neutered my cat myself. Before anyone jumps on me, this was during my pre-vet internship. I had witnessed a hundred neuters, the Dr. administered the anesthesia and stood by to guide me through. But the fact that he even allowed me to neuter my kitten goes to show how incredibly simple the procedure is. It took less than 10 minutes from the anesthesia injection to him waking up post surgery. Within 4 hours he was his usual self and playing with our other cat.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
PLEASE READ RULE 2 OF THE TCS RULES WHICH YOU AGREED TO WHEN YOU SIGNED UP.

2. Please make sure to spay and neuter your cats. Unless you are a professional breeder and your cat is part of a professional breeding program, please educate yourself to the importance of spaying and neutering by the time your cat is 4-6 months old. If you take care of a feral colony, please make sure to do so responsibly by practicing TNR (Trap, Neuter, Release) protocols within the colony. By spaying and neutering, you enhance a cat's quality of life and improve their longterm health. You are also proving your love for cats because in acting as a responsible pet owner/caregiver you are minimizing the problem of cat overpopulation.

you say the cats are not in pain? how do you know this? .
Cats are given painkillers after the procedure, and your vet will confirm this with you. By spaying and neutering your cats you are a responsible cat owner

kit e cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You will not neuter your cats, yet you let them outside. That is IRRESPONSIBILITY at its worst. I have spayed and neutered DOZENS of cats, most males don't even notice. Honestly. I mean, my 5 year old male orange tabby just had bladder stone removal surgery and was running up and down the hallway when he got home. Surgery is sometimes necessary, and spay/neuter surgery is definitely necessary as part of responsible pet ownership.

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Why don't we get back on topic?

What should I do if this kitten comes back next time it rains?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Why don't we get back on topic?

What should I do if this kitten comes back next time it rains?
Put screens in your windows. Even if that cat never comes back, it's a sure thing another one will. Open windows are an invitation to free-roaming animals of all sorts.

Or take it to the local cat shelter. If they don't have an overpopulation problem, as you claim, they should have no trouble finding it a good home.

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not allowed screens on windows.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Bubbles has seen him, and hissed and swiped him, then walked away.
Perhaps because it is young your Bubbles does not see him as a threat YET but he is warning the intruder already. I see no problem in giving shelter to a kitty when it rains but the fact that it has access to food is further encouraging the visits.
In my experience, my alphas are the ones who take care of intruding cats. I also make sure I do not leave food out which would attract outsiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.