How to get one cat to stop chasing and attacking another cat and leave them alone?

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
F Fertix43 I am so sorry for this being so complex for you. Sending you lots of positive vibes so that you can make the -hard- decision.

Magnus is like Ridley that way, so I very much empathize with not being able to wear a cat out.

Yes obviously, they need to begin understanding that others live and you can't expect them not to. It's shared living...there needs to be at least the basic respect and understanding that you all live there together. It sounds like they aren't giving that to anyone. Carpeting or mats can help muffle noise, but I think that's where your responsibility ends in regards to daily life sounds.

If your landlord is reasonable, you can speak to them or send a message and try to get ahead of the problem. Tell them you know that the neighbors are sensitive to noise and that you're trying to be respectful, that you are sticking within noise complaint laws etc. Maybe they'll even help you get some carpeting or at the very least not give you crap for normal life sounds.

As for Lola, the only thing I can think of is kicker toys (maybe one that moves). You're right I wouldn't use hands at all. The exception kind of being the oven mitt I use. I use one similar to the below photo and that way I can slide my hand out when they catch me and just wiggle the mitt. I had to teach Magnus to be gentler so I used this 8be69d4f1befc6bdcf1f945affce5806.jpg

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree about building Lola's confidence,, it sounds like her lack of confidence is encouraging play-attacks from Ridley that are then turning into fights.

I think, as others have said, wearing Ridley out before allowing them both to interact could help :redheartpump: